Chip sealing in Warren Co. ruins good route

blackdiamondmike

I was out riding today some roads that are popular among bikers and I believe part of a commonly ridden loop by Ohio-riders and found a lot of fresh chip seal work in Warren County. Some of the roads off Cornstalk, the northern part of Corwin Rd, some roads around the little miami river and Cedar hill rd have all been ruined with chip seal. I ride corwin rd all the time and thought it was in good condition, but this morning it was like riding on marbles. I'm sure it will improve with time and compaction but I'm a little ticked off. Why would Warren county ( one of the wealthiest and fastest growing counties in Ohio) resort to chip sealing?

I ran into the samething up in northeast Ohio on SR258...one of the best roads in the New Philly area is now chipsealed.

Thank God,at least for now,they're still paving here in southeast Ohio!We're always a little behind the curve compared to the rest of the state,this time it seems to be working in our favor.It will be a sad,sad day when they chipseal the likes of 555,255 and 536.

Why?Price,of course.Americans are cheap.The same reason we sent the American economy to China.How's that working for us?

Edited by drc32-0