Looking for Ninja EX250

JBartolucci4

Hey all, I am looking to get an EX250 for the soon to be wife to ride around on. She just went thought the BRC and is really excited about getting her first bike.

I would like to find someone who has something decent she could start out on who would work out a partial trade for a Glock 22 .40 cal with a lasermax internal laser (guide rod). I have 3 mags(15 rounds each) , 3 holsters (fobus, duty, and a tactical leg) and an aluminum mezzi custom cut hard case.

If anyone has anything or knows anyone let me know. I can post pics of the gun and stuff.

Thanks,

John

there has to be someone on CL that would want to trade for a glock plus cash...

I haven't trolled CL very much thought I would start here first. Wouldn't necessarily have to be a EX250 I guess anything that is small and easy to ride (and not a hunk of junk).

GS500F... that'll at least keep her interested over the anemic 250 - and would make a good beater bike for you when you want to keep the miles off the 600RR.

I like your thinking, I'm doing some searching now. I need a beater bike so next time we are running down the road and you ride a wheelie I don't feel like such a douche because I can't do it.

I have a friend selling this. I'm not sure if he'd take the Glock in trade but I can PM you his number if interested. I think he's asking $1800 or $1900.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=56883

Might be a contender if we could work something out. Send over his stuff and give him the heads up for me if you could.

Not real sure where the duty holster is right now so maybe it wouldn't be part of the deal, lol. The tac light belongs to the city so it does not go with the gun. Its hard to get a good picture of the laser but it flashes so just youtube lasermax to get a better idea.

GS500F... that'll at least keep her interested over the anemic 250 - and would make a good beater bike for you when you want to keep the miles off the 600RR.

GS500's are pretty anemic themselves. I actually really like the naked GS500 but they're heavier than a 250, with not all that much more power...

figure the 250 has 28hp, the GS500 has 36hp. top speed on the 250 is (realistically) 100mph, top speed on the GS500 is (realistically) 110 if you're lucky.

Again, I liked riding my dad's old GS500, but I think i'd take a cheap 250 instead. better mileage, cheaper insurance, and pretty much identical performance (as long as you don't add a passenger).

Well, to be fair, I've never ridden a 250. When my g/f had a GS500F, I really liked cruising around town on that thing -- even with the Hayabusa in the garage. I rode the GS from Elyria to Nelson Ledges once, highway miles, and it was a little rough at 70+mph, but it would push 95 if you really wanted to pin the throttle back.

I've thrown a leg over ONE 250, for like 2 minutes (i borrowed it a track when I had to shit really bad and it was the fastest way to the bathroom. my bike doesn't have a side-stand...) so my take should by no means be gospel either.

the GS500 is one of those bikes that I love to ride, I just wish it was better, ya know? I like the brakes and chassis on the GS way better than my EX, but when I twist the throttle on the GS, it's just always a reminder that it's not quite what it could be...

I guess that will happen any time you give up some horsepower, and it's entirely possibly that my dad's GS was tuned shitty. if looks are any concern whatsoever, and a 2008+ EX250 isn't in the budget, then the GS500 wins hands-down. I'm not a fan of the "baby GSXF" look, but it's definitely better than the first gen 250, or '94+ EX500.

• 4 months later...

I know it's a late reply & late in the season but i have a '91 Ninja 500 with just under 11k that i need outta the garage. I bought it as a starter bike after taking the class & recently bought another bike. I just stopped riding it about 3 weeks ago but have been letting the girlfriend learn in the parking lot while coasting in first gear so it hasn't been sitting idle. It's on craigslist, columbus, ohio. Search Ninja 500 in Hilliard.