Sometimes you get right. Daton to Parkersburg, WV,

BudDaytonRat

Sometimes you plan a riding route which looks great on paper or GPS for those who are in the 21st century, then you ride the route and it SUCKS. I planned a route to Parkersburg, WV to get the letter P for the Triumph Go Your Own Way Game on Britrider and I am happy to say I got this route right. I wanted to get on the road at 6:00am I missed my goal by 20 minutes. The thing about getting an early start on a Sunday morning is you have most of the road to you and your bike. Not a lot of cagers out at that hour. The route is as follows.

Route 35 to Washington Court House to route 22 and needless to say this was slab city. Routes 22 to Circleville to route 56, things are starting to get better. There are some nice sweepers on route 22. Route 56 to Laurelville it is now time for breakfast at the Old Town Diner. The only problem with stopping at the Old Town Diner this time of day is that it is too early for their fried chicken dinner. After a ham and eggs breakfast I pick up route 180 to 33. 180 is a fun road and it has fresh asphalt “virgin pavement.” Route 33 is boring but I’m not on it long. I turn on to route 550 and start having fun again. Route 550’s pavement is a little rough but it’s no big deal for the Sprint’s suspension. I take 550 to Chesterville to route 555. The Triple Nickel is a great road with a lot of turns, warning a lot of the turns aren’t marked. I guess the state of Ohio ran out of road sign money or the crew putting up the turn signs just got tired of putting signs up. Route 555 to route 50 to Parkersburg where I try and find a sign that has Parkersburg, WV on it. I’m in downtown Parkersburg and the only sign I find that has Parkersburg on it is an old auto dealership.

I head out of Parkersburg and pick up Ohio route 124 which runs along the Ohio River a nice scenic ride. I stop at a convenient grocery for a PPS ( pee, pop & snack). Four riders pull in for a break one is on a 2001 Sprint and he has a mesh riding jacket like mine. I tell him nice jacket and we start talking bikes and roads in the area. He is retired like me and has four bikes. I tell him about some of the roads I have been riding and the way I am going back to Dayton. He shows me a different route and I tell him I will ride it. I take route 124 to route 144 to Stewart where I take route 329 to route 550 to route 690 back to route 50. This is the change suggested as I was going to ride 329 back to 50. This cut out about six miles of slab time on route 50. Route 329 and Route 690 are good roads. I take route 50 through Athens and pick up route 56 back to Laurelville. I take a long look at the Old Town Diner and think chicken but I’m making good time and I want to get home in time to see some of the World Cup finals. Needless to say it was a great way to spend a Sunday.

Edited by BudDaytonRat

What no pictures? I liked playing the Joe's Cycle Shop game last year. But so busy with work and just going and getting lost have not had much motivation to play again. But your ride sounds like fun. Great report.

What no pictures? I liked playing the Joe's Cycle Shop game last year. But so busy with work and just going and getting lost have not had much motivation to play again. But your ride sounds like fun. Great report.

Thanks guys for the comments. I tried to post 4 pictures but was told I did not have enough space. Here is my P for the game,