2008 Mid - Ohio Schedule

TwitchMacabre

on the real though, what's ROK?

ROK is a Kawasaki club which stands for (Riders of Kawasaki).

It's a club you can become a paid member of and get discounts on some trackdays, special private events, etc. Like that ROK trackday I did was only $99 all day for me with full benefits. Got to see the 12year old girl phenom there running low 1:30's that day too.:eek: I was talking to Greg White and he laughed when he told me what she was running around the track. He did an article about it and he even mentions how she was unbelieveably impossible to try to hang with on the track there. Fun day! Got to meet Greg, her, magazine editors.

Here's a picture of her I took that day:

12yroldracingphenom.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Physically I should be able to handle it. I know i will be sore in very new places, but I work out a lot, so I'm used to being sore...

Mentally, I know i will be all over the map that first day. The excitement level will be at 11, and ability will be at 2, which is ok with me as long as that 2 doesn't stay 2 forever.

I have not been on the track before; only read some stuff on race riding techniques. My 'strategy' is to shut up and listen to the people who know more than me.

I am fairly cautious by nature, so I'm somewhat confident that I can avoid being a danger in any group, but I understand that being too slow is hazardous. I'm riding a 500cc twin right now. I'm going to get passed, and that's ok.

Yeah now that I own a Kawi Dirt bike I may go next year.

A buddy of mine was up there running too that day. I ran the Thursday before the AMA race in the AMA/STT day.. That was a blast later in the day when Chaz Davies came zooming by then picked his way through the crowd like they were ants in his way.

yeah I can last 2-3 days myself once in the middle of the season, but that first time out 2 days is a wake up with the noise and adrenaline spikes.

ROK is a Kawasaki club which stands for (Riders of Kawasaki).

It's a club you can become a paid member of and get discounts on some trackdays, special private events, etc. Like that ROK trackday I did was only $99 all day for me with full benefits. Got to see the 12year old girl phenom there running low 1:30's that day too.:eek: I was talking to Greg White and he laughed when he told me what she was running around the track. He did an article about it and he even mentions how she was unbelieveably impossible to try to hang with on the track there. Fun day! Got to meet Greg, her, magazine editors.

Here's a picture of her I took that day:

12yroldracingphenom.jpg

she wasn't goin too fast this year... i followed here around and watched her highside right infront of me, i literally was dodging piecy parts on the exit of T1. she actually hit the big yellow curb, with her knee and then the front wheel, that lil girl SAILED.

she wasn't goin too fast this year... i followed here around and watched her highside right infront of me, i literally was dodging piecy parts on the exit of T1. she actually hit the big yellow curb, with her knee and then the front wheel, that lil girl SAILED.

They let her ride now with the adults? I know the day I met her we all had to clear the track because of some law or something because she was underage. I think her name is Jessica Myers or something like that.

Yeah, when I heard "Low 1:30s" I figured Drew would chime in. I heard slower lap times, but Drew was physically there that day and I wasn't so, I didn't want to chime in...

Gregg is slow anyways so, him not being able to keep up isn't out of the ordinary...

lmao, no doubt she's quick, but brian knows my trackday pace and she came by me at the end of my out lap into t1. i'd say she was runnin a 1.36ish pace maybe, and crashed...

she wasnt supposed to be on track, but kawi snuck her out, kinda bit 'em. i believe they take out a $5million policy for her at that event.