Subwoofer Enclsoure Build for a CR member

rawlins87

that's a little on the enormous side isn't it?

my brother had a box made by kicker for 3 8" comp vr speakers that was about 1/4 of that thing lol.

This isn't your run of the mill sealed or ported box. Its a 1/4 wave 1:1 transmission line.

I remember when that shit was cool. Now I'm deaf as fuck :nono:

This is around the 140 db mark, my personal setup should easliy be 152-153 mark. Yea it will take it toll but you gotta be responsible with it.

This isn't your run of the mill sealed or ported box. Its a 1/4 wave 1:1 transmission line.

This is around the 140 db mark, my personal setup should easliy be 152-153 mark. Yea it will take it toll but you gotta be responsible with it.

We weren't responsible :nono: Now I wear hearing aids at 32 :(

I used to have 3 12" Digital Audios in my old car and hit 145.7db at a comp with it. That was too damn loud it would vibrate the ground, flex the windshield, blew the seals on the back side windows, and set off car alarms along with nearly taking your breathe away. Now I rock two small 12s with my bass knob up front and usually have them up enough just to add a little bit of nice clean bass to the music and that's it.

yeah I'm more of a super clean sound than really loud and lots of bass guy now.

give me one good 12" or 10" sub like a solo X and a nice powerful Alpine amp for it and that's perfect to me.

LOL at solo x and sound quality.

Alpine ftl also

I think it is time for me to purchase a Term Lab Josh. I am sure I could it get to pay for itself in no time flat.

Sam,

From what I understand it is not low bass frequencies that tear up your ear drums. Its the higher tones that kill your hearing. Then again I do not see how these guys sit in a truck at 160+ db without hearing protection.

let's not throw stones here, you're using a garage sale special jig saw to cut holes.;) and it looks like you got the top of the line skill brand saws laying there..

real carpenters...ahh forget it.

Real carpenters use that tools that work the best.

That's cool... a TL in a car, lol. I built a home sub that used 8 x 8" (just cheapie woofers) in a line array. It was 8' tall, something like 12 or 14 cubic feet. For some reason, my wife didn't like it in the living room.

That's pretty cool, I want to build a line array once I build my home theater. Line array with a folded horn:bow:

Why spend the time and money on 8". 2- 10s would hit harder and half the size. Just curious?

Obviously you have no idea what tlines are capable of. This would blow most 10s, 12s, and 15's out of the water and cost less.