Any one ever been to Venice or Barcalona?

gen3flygirl

I am going on another trip at the end of August and I was wondering if any one had been and had a few travel trips: Must sees, not worth my time, off the beaten track fun stuff. I know I wont have enough time to do every thing I want so I was just seeing what other people's opinions are. I can read a damn website so don't suggest that.

Barcelona:

I stayed at Urbany... its a nice hostel with lots of fun people, there is a guy at the front desk that likes to screw with people and tell them the wrong info though...

if you go to the gaudi park, climb all the way to the top of the hill, there's a really stellar view of the city.

venice:

don't eat anywhere near the tourist traps unless you have to. travel around a bit and read the travel advice sites. i don't remember the names, but good eats can be had.

definitely run around the city at night and take in the sites. it's like motherfucking unicorn magic and shit.

When I went Venice we stayed at Hotel Giovannina...found it on hostelworld.com No complaints and it was near the train station.

Venice is an awesome city to get lost in. Find the small restaurants and cafes off the beaten path.

We found a gondola ride for a euro or so that acted as a taxi. Mos def cheaper than getting a private gondola if you just want to do it for fucks sake.

Dont get a bike. Get lost on foot and take a camera.

If you have the time, take the night train to Nice. Then rent scoots and ride up the mountain to Monte Carlo. Among the top ten best experiences of my life! Train is about 10 hours if memory serves me.

I wish I could. I will be on the trip with my family and they have no clue about my bike and would kill me if they ever found out :(

Sounds like your family is more dangerous than the bike! How much is a ticket to Spain these days?

Sounds like your family is more dangerous than the bike! How much is a ticket to Spain these days?

No clue, my mom has used her credit card points to buy the tickets :D Flying into Milan taking the train to Venice.

wait, wat?

I have owned my bike for 2 years and my parents are completely oblivious to it. On april fools I told my mom I bought a bike and she almost disowned me. My dad had a bike when they got married and she told him that he either had to sell it or she would shoot it:nono: it ended up getting stolen

No clue, my mom has used her credit card points to buy the tickets :D Flying into Milan taking the train to Venice.

I have owned my bike for 2 years and my parents are completely oblivious to it. On april fools I told my mom I bought a bike and she almost disowned me. My dad had a bike when they got married and she told him that he either had to sell it or she would shoot it:nono: it ended up getting stolen

im tweeting your mom and ratting you out since youre so mean to me