Finally, Harley can focus on it's core!

RFM

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and now they are threatening to move the manufacturing plant out of Milwaukee unless the union helps them cut millions of $ out of the budget. I guess all those subprime bike loans there were handing out to flood the market is paying dividends. :facepalm:

Yeah, as a former Buell owner, and a fan of the direction they were going towards the end, I give a hearty Fuck You to the folks at Harley.

Keith Wandell should be raped by a syphilitic porcupine with elephantitis of the penis.

Yeah, as a former Buell owner, and a fan of the direction they were going towards the end, I give a hearty Fuck You to the folks at Harley.

Keith Wandell should be raped by a syphilitic porcupine with elephantitis of the penis.

that porcupine will be in my nightmares for ever moar.

only two things scare me on the internets... clowns who will touch your penis, and a porcupine with a penis bigger than its body full of STD's and genital warts (don't believe him even if he says in his creepy porcupine voice: "it's for YOUR pleasure")

08.09.10. Mark the date... I made Jbot cringe.:p

I commend you my friend. If I were in Great Britain I would find some way for the queen to knight you and then forevermore you would be known as Sir RFM. But we live in the United States and nothing cool like that ever happens here.....

I commend you my friend. If I were in Great Britain I would find some way for the queen to knight you and then forevermore you would be known as Sir RFM. But we live in the United States and nothing cool like that ever happens here.....

As it stands, I'm a British national, and I broke my front tooth yesterday, so I really do look the part...:p

hmmm, for HD to sell back for a dollar (Euro)... MV must have been loaning or supporting HD (or buying in) to a tune that would make them a partner or owner. Time to unload before HD is owned by MV... Wouldn't that have been a trip and a half...

When HD bought MV they were in serious financial trouble. I remember looking at the details and wondering why HD would fork out 100+ million dollars for such a train wreck. They were carrying a huge debt load and the wolves were at the door. Those wolves wanted their $ and wouldn't have hesitated to dismantle the "crown jewel of the Italian motorcycle industry" to recover pennies on the dollar. It's possible that HD saved them from a second extinction.

FUCK HD! i love my bike but, when a stealership has to special order parts that they should carry in inventory is BS!! outsoursing parts overseas BS. HD appearel made in china, indonesa, maylasia and pakastan BS. $450 for a leather jacket BS. (i paid $150.00 online for the same jacket without the brand name) streamlining production to save money BS, while still overpricing finished products by thousands BS. rehashing a sportster every year as a new model BS. the most modern technology that they have will be discontinued in the near future. after this bike i have now, i won't buy another. FUCK HD... alright i'm done ranting.

That's bad when former HD customers have that opinion. My first bike was a Harley, and the bike that made me love sport bikes was a Harley. V-rod for a Triumph Rocket III, and feel what a cruiser with balls is all about...

V-rod for a Triumph Rocket III, and feel what a cruiser with balls is all about...
Well with an additional 1,000cc I hope it will outrun one. Thiels let me ride one and other than a boatload of torque it was a very sloppy bike.

I had a few Triumphs over the years too, and liked each of them (as I liked my Harleys when I had them). I was liking the torque at idle the same as the Vrod at redline....

Guess I'll have to test one out myself.:)

From what I read, HD bought MV to access their European Dealer Network. I believe they were counting on the XR1200 (initially only a Euro bike) being a hit. It's been a flop.

So...they incurred $125 million is costs to close Buell, plus they decided to forgo the $$ from BRP who was trying to buy Buell. Then they sell MV for $1 and are still keeping some of MV's debt. During this time, they borrowed $500 million from the US gov't & then more money from Warren Buffet. Like monkeys fucking a football. WOW!!!