Commuting Gear

tyler524

I am curious as to what gear others wear on their daily commutes. I have about 18 miles each way that is 75% interstate and the rest across town. I usually always wear my 2 piece suit over my dress clothes, helmet, riding boots, and gloves. I usually either keep dress shoes in my desk or throw them under the net on the back. What do some of you other people wear? Seems like someday I am over doing it but I dress for the crash and dress clothes offer no protection at all.

Icon riding jeans with the leg armor underneath. Alot of times I wear my leather pants with shorts on underneath. But I dont have to wear dress clothes at work. Just change into bibs once I get there and my work boots are kept at work also.

I've got a few pairs of Slider casual pants from Compition Accessories that work in an office setting... if not those, I usually wear some sort of overpant on top of my dress pants. After that it's a typical gear day... helmet, jacket, gloves and boots... i generally just wear my boots all day, but I do have some shoes at work.

I usually wear HJC helmet, A* SP2 gloves, A* Stunt 2 leather jacket, Scorpion Deuce overpants, and Sidi Vortice boots. I wear jeans sometimes, but more often dress clothes. I wear an Under Armour backpack w/ my money clip, cell, garage door opener, shoes, and other items in it. I'm looking to get the Oakley Tool Box backpack soon though because I could carry some other items should I have issues w/ the bike.

I work 37 miles, one way....but it wouldn't matter if I lived 1 mile away. Wrecks happen everywhere, deer, morons, diesel spills, etc. Short commutes don't eliminate these as possibilities, IMHO.

I always wear full gear...jacket, overpants, boots, gloves, lid. I either wear work clothes underneath, or when it's uber hot take them along in the top box and change at work.

My commute is 10 mile of city with traffic lights every 100 yards and speed limit 35 and 25, you go 10 over you get a ticket...ughhh....

On a 75F or more day jeans/any pants/ tshirt/sneaker with a gauntlet gloves and helmet......yes that's squidy but I can't take a shower at 9 AM at work again from the sweat...one piece rain gear if it spits.

On a 75F and less day, I put on the leather jacket on that.

If I ride interstate for errands jacket and a boot must but still in jeans. For me the bike is the primary vehicle, I do grocery with that too. Rain or shine.

Any other "ride for a ride" full power ranger costume.

Work gear of boots and jeans, with heavy armored jeans jacket w/ lots of vents open, and gloves and helmet. Jacket is good in the cool mornings, and actually flows enough air to be decent going home in the heat.

It's been hot enough this year I've wanted a lighter armored leather mesh jacket.

edit: I ride city streets to get to work, but take the freeway home. I have to cover both conditions.

Edited by ReconRat

i squid in the morning going to work - i shouldnt, but i do

i have my helmet and gloves 100% of the time, but a lot of times when i go to work in the morning i just wear my helmet, gloves, shorts, steel toed work boots, and a hoodie

its like 100* inside my work building, and by the time im done working im hot and exhausted and soaked with sweat...dont feel like putting all my shit back on for the ride home

really though, only jeans bother me...my legs get so hot lol...but i dont wanna wear full gear minus pants and have shorts on - then ide really look like a dbag

in the cooler months, i wear atgatt....but its too hot in the summer

going to class i wear helmet and gloves ( it is maybe a half mile ride) jeans and t-shirt

Depending on the weather I usually wear helmet, gloves, and leather jacket, jeans (i don't work during the summer months :) )

Anything above 35 mph no matter how hot I am in in helmet, gloves and leather jacket

If i go out down town I will wear going out clothes and put different shoes under a net or something.

well on my commute its helmet and gloves only because I have to dress in shirt and tie for work and its only 3 blocks from home, hey its cheaper then taking my truck which probably eats more gas on start up then my bike does going to work and back

Alpinestar gloves, leather jacket (light or heavy depending on the temp), steel-toe engineer boots, and either jeans or my work pants. I'm a security guard so the boots are ok at work and the pants are evil polyester uniform pants that I hate with an undying passion and offer no protection; if I drop the bike and eat the pavement though, at least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing they were shredded. Sometimes I wear my lid but it really depends on my mood. If it's raining I might put on some overpants, depends on where I'm going. Like someone else on here said, my bike is my primary vehicle from spring through fall so I pretty much wear the same thing no matter where I'm going on the bike.