Christian Sport Bike Assoc Deals Gap Weekend

JCMathis

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking like I can make this for sure. I may end up looking at staying at a campground instead of the hotel though. I'll be bringing one person with me on the trip too it looks like.
I've not noticed any campgrounds by where we are staying when I've been there.

Where are you guys staying? There are tons of campgrounds around there. I'm staying at the Ironhorse Lodge or whatever it's called. They have lots of camping. Nice showers.

I just moved out of the rents place so that's my only concern. With over a month til' this event getting the money saved shouldn't be an issue but I'm sure a campground for the weekend would cost the same as a night in the hotel.

Do you all have a time that you're leaving C-Bus? You leaving from the same meet spot as the CSBA rides? What's everyone do for dinner and stuff those nights? Everyone go out to eat or does everyone just seem to do their own thing? Just trying to see what all is going on ahead of time and if I need to start working overtime the rest of the month and next.

Do you all have a time that you're leaving C-Bus? You leaving from the same meet spot as the CSBA rides? What's everyone do for dinner and stuff those nights? Everyone go out to eat or does everyone just seem to do their own thing? Just trying to see what all is going on ahead of time and if I need to start working overtime the rest of the month and next.

We have not talked about meeting somewhere before we drive down. Since Todd will be going out of his way to come into Columbus I would say he would not need to do that. I will be coming down from Delaware so it would be fine for me to meet some others. I am planning on leaving first thing Friday morning.

There is a plan to go to a particular place for dinner Friday and Saturday night. I cannot remember where that is right now though. I am sure there will also be a late night ice cream run for anyone that wants a sugar fix. It is somewhat of a tradition.

There will be some that will want to spend all day playing on the dragon and others that will journey out to the rest of that beautiful area so as fas as fuel consumption goes, it depends how much you want to ride. It will be safe to plan for 250 miles per day.

I'm thinking about it but might bring the wife. Would be a much needed weekend away from everything. I could ride with the guys plus get some sight seeing in with the boss. WIN WIN for me.

how soon do the room need booked? as I'm still working on this

I'm thinking about it but might bring the wife. Would be a much needed weekend away from everything. I could ride with the guys plus get some sight seeing in with the boss. WIN WIN for me.

Bring your wife, I cannot say if other wives will be there but in years past there have. Normally I would be bringing Christy but since I am rafting as well she is not coming.

We do not have any rooms blocked off so you can book as long as there are rooms available. Hope you can make it.

From what I've read on the rooms you need to book them ASAP. The Leaf Watchers are heavy that time of year and hotel rooms get booked up quick.

Also, see the main CSBA forum. I guess there is a %10 discount for CSBA members at the hotel.

Yes, just call and say you are coming for the CSBA event. They should give you the 10% discount.

Thanks for all the info. I've got the weekend called off from Fri-Sun so I'll have to be at work Mon so that means no rafting for me but it looks like I'll be along for the riding as long as my buddy comes so I can afford to sleep under a roof.

You will have a much better time at the hotel with the group as opposed to the campgrounds. Thats part of the weekend getaway is the camaraderie and stories after the days ride along with dinner together. There are no CG's right by the hotel that I know of so you will miss alot. That and a solid day down there will wear you out and you'll want a room to kick back in not a tent.

Tim you really should come and she is great company too dont mind having her around a bit but not sure how much sight seeing you'll get in.

Tim you really should come and she is great company too dont mind having her around a bit but not sure how much sight seeing you'll get in.

I would just have to make time to take her for a loop around and stop for some photos and such. I'm sure one time around would be fine for her. What time will most be leaving on Sunday? I would have to back at work Monday.

I would just have to make time to take her for a loop around and stop for some photos and such. I'm sure one time around would be fine for her. What time will most be leaving on Sunday? I would have to back at work Monday.

I can give you a nice route that will take her past some great waterfalls.

Most everyone will be pulling out of there around noon but you can leave whenever you feel the need.