97 vmax

Steve Butters

i emailed him back

any more info on bike? miles, color, condition, pictures? and you mentioned cash - whatre we talkin here?

he responds
best is phone call 614 ***4046 i will bring bike to you i got to see your bike thjan we ll talk money.

then i ignored it and got busy and he sends

I SEND EMAIL ABOUT CALL ME I WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR QUETIONS I LIVE IN HILLIARD WILL BRING BIKE TO YOU

i kinda want to call him since it would be a hell of a deal (almost too good of a deal really....)

but at the same time, i feel like it would be a bad idea...like this dude is gonna bike jack me or something, and i dont have my CCW yet, so ide be kinda fucked if this dude pulls a gun and takes my bike

i dont have theft coverage on it at the moment either...

what would you guys do?

anyone with their CCW feel like going with me and possibly shooting a mohamed? lol i seriously feel like this is a bad bike jacking plan, after all the shit that happens on craigslist..

the guy is too willing...he wants to trade me a bike worth 2x as much as mine, PLUS cash, and is desperate to contact me and is willing to drive 30 minutes to me to meet me....doesnt add up as a legit deal

maybe im paranoid?

jason, that wouldnt really do me any good if the dude is just planning to jack my bike

i doubt he would steal a yzf then trade off with me to test ride my bike and never come back....then hes out a stolen yzf and only has a stolen max to show for it - and from a $$$ stand point, thats a lose because the yzf is more desirable as a stolen bike - somebody would track ride it.... im thinking if he wants it that bad he would just pull a gun and take it, which is also no good since its not covered right now...if i had theft coverage, ide let him have it lol

and i couldnt tell him to give me $2800 cash while he rides my bike if the deal was to trade anyways.

as good of a deal as it sounds...i think i am gonna have to go with sam and just trust my instincts on this one...it just doesnt feel right

i responded

sorry man...not interested - dont want to spend the time to look at a bike without pics and a description of it, along with proof of ownership etc....this transaction doesnt feel right and im gonna go with my gut...if youre a sincere guy honestly trying to trade me bikes, i appologize that we couldnt work something out....but for now, this seems like a scam or possible attempted bike theft - and i do not wish to proceed any further with it.

goodluck finding a bike for yourself that you enjoy

jason, that wouldnt really do me any good if the dude is just planning to jack my bike

i doubt he would steal a yzf then trade off with me to test ride my bike and never come back....then hes out a stolen yzf and only has a stolen max to show for it - and from a $$$ stand point, thats a lose because the yzf is more desirable as a stolen bike - somebody would track ride it.... im thinking if he wants it that bad he would just pull a gun and take it, which is also no good since its not covered right now...if i had theft coverage, ide let him have it lol

and i couldnt tell him to give me $2800 cash while he rides my bike if the deal was to trade anyways.

as good of a deal as it sounds...i think i am gonna have to go with sam and just trust my instincts on this one...it just doesnt feel right

You're gonna have to meet someone somewhere if you wanna sell the vmax.

Paranoia isn't goning to sell your bike for you.

You're gonna have to meet someone somewhere if you wanna sell the vmax.

Paranoia isn't goning to sell your bike for you.

ive met plenty of people before...hell i had a guy come over to my house the other morning to look at it

this deal just doesnt feel right to me....ive bought and sold like 8 or 9 vehicles in the last 3 years, all through craigslist...some shit just doesnt seem legit

if the bike was closer in value, it wouldnt have been such a red flag....but to offer me a bike that he could sell for 4k, PLUS cash for a bike im selling for 2800, just isnt right

and unless i can find a sweet deal on something else to ride - once the max is gone ill probably end up bikeless for atleast a year or so while i finish school and save up for a 2004+ raven edition r1

so im by no means desperate to sell it

Edited by Steve Butters

I'd go if @ could cuz I'd love to shoot a Mo for ya. If I were you, I would carry anyway and go meet him. Tell him to bring his title and ask to see it & his ID first. Show him yours when he shows you his. hahahaha.

lol got nothing to carry - and now after finding that other bike on CL, its starting to seem like less of scam, and more of someone trying to pawn a wrecked bike to me with a bunch of electrical problems....i got NP buying a rebuilt bike or something, but im not buying something that still needs to be repaired...ide take a clean good condition rebuilt title bike over a clean titled bike that needs work

i would still sex your bike

although that one that looked similar at the poker run, had sexier wheels...i liked the body color wheels on that bike - you should do yours

Meh, that was a "bike night" bike. No thanks, I rarely even wash mine.