Obama at new low for handling economy

chevysoldier

he went back to his rance..... he didnt fly off somewhere on our dime.......

my first comment was just as a funny and yes we could do this all night.

He didn't drive to Crawford, Texas. He flew there on Air Force One, with a team of Secret Service agents. We paid for that, about $18 million. In his entire Presidency, he spent more than 400 days at his ranch, and even more at Camp David (I assume many of those days were working getaways, though). Facts are neat!

Ummm, so... how did Bush get to his ranch from WashDC? Obama "flys off somewhere on our dime", and Bush thought so much of America he leased Air Force One and filled it up with JP1 on his own dime when he was in office? :wtf::wtf:

Do you read what you type? :nono:

JP1 is obsolete. JP8 is used now.

i meant like michelle's trip to spain with her friends and yes i read what it type after i type it and click post :lol:

That trip was mostly paid for out of pocket by the Obama's and the friend who traveled with them. Food, hotels, recreation, all paid for by them. We paid for the security detail (we'd be paying for that for the most part anyway).

He didn't drive to Crawford, Texas. He flew there on Air Force One, with a team of Secret Service agents. We paid for that, about $18 million. In his entire Presidency, he spent more than 400 days at his ranch, and even more at Camp David (I assume many of those days were working getaways, though). Facts are neat!

So you assume many were working getaways. Sure he went there a bunch but you have no idea what he did there. You know Obama didn't do anything else but play golf at the golf course.

So you assume many were working getaways. Sure he went there a bunch but you have no idea what he did there. You know Obama didn't do anything else but play golf at the golf course.

I assume that many of his trips to Camp David were working, yes. They aren't "vacation days," in the same way that his trips to Crawford, Texas were (a total of 77 trips, and 490 days).

I assume that many of his trips to Camp David were working, yes. They aren't "vacation days," in the same way that his trips to Crawford, Texas were (a total of 77 trips, and 490 days).

But even Crawford, you still have no idea what was really done there correct? I'm not defending Bush's trips or anything just I'd assume he had an office there. Now if Bush took 490 days to go sailing, I'd say it would be safe to assume he wasn't working. If I could work at home, I sure as hell would.

I'd rep you for correcting me, but I have to spread it around.

lol, no biggie. I've worked with the stuff a lot. Most all military vehicles use JP8 so a single fuel truck can refill any kind of vehicle.

But even Crawford, you still have no idea what was really done there correct? I'm not defending Bush's trips or anything just I'd assume he had an office there. Now if Bush took 490 days to go sailing, I'd say it would be safe to assume he wasn't working. If I could work at home, I sure as hell would.

I'm sure that President Bush kept in contact with the White House, attended daily briefings, got security reports, etc, but the media covered President Bush's vacations pretty extensively, this isn't really new stuff here.

My point in all this is just that implying that playing golf once every week and a half is somehow a bad thing is kind of silly. President Bush spent more time flying back and forth to his destination than President Obama has spent playing golf, and there seems to no trouble defending that. Now, watch this drive.