Need some AR help

speedytriple

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not bought an ar to this point due to the fact I do not like the rear charging handles. It is immpossible to reload and charge the handle while keep anywhere near on target. The side mounted charging handle solves this problem. And has made me relook at the ar. I was sold on the mini platform due to the garand style bolt, and it still shoots .223. This grizzly upper makes the ar a much better weapon imo.

I'll beg to differ on that. Reloads are fine as they never involve the charging handle, failures would be a different story, but there are drills for that. To be quite honest, the side charging handle is a niche thing and not necessary if you learn proper techniques.

I'll beg to differ on that. Reloads are fine as they never involve the charging handle, failures would be a different story, but there are drills for that. To be quite honest, the side charging handle is a niche thing and not necessary if you learn proper techniques.

Thats what I am saying...

I thought all you ar guys say they are not prone to dust/dirt anymore? LOL! I am just not use to the rear handle on a rifle. I am left handed so most of the controls on a ar are a little combersome for me to use anyways. I will let you all know how my buddies grizzly/rra shoots we are going out next weekend to get it sighted in. So what are you saying that the garand style action is more reliable then the beloved ar?

Check out this guy, I bought myu Stag through him. Great prices and left hand Stag models

http://www.ar15sales.com/

I thought all you ar guys say they are not prone to dust/dirt anymore? LOL! I am just not use to the rear handle on a rifle. I am left handed so most of the controls on a ar are a little combersome for me to use anyways. I will let you all know how my buddies grizzly/rra shoots we are going out next weekend to get it sighted in. So what are you saying that the garand style action is more reliable then the beloved ar?

buy a left handed AR

I like my weapons all sealed up and protected

So go buy a garand style action! LOL I heard the left hand stag models have had some issue like being shipped with a right handed extractor on a left hand bolt!! Guy said the hiram police chief ordered one and was shipped with the wrong extractor. think I will skip the stag stuff. I hope to shoot my buddies rra/griz soon and will base my ar pick off that as I have never shot an AR before.

So go buy a garand style action! LOL I heard the left hand stag models have had some issue like being shipped with a right handed extractor on a left hand bolt!! Guy said the hiram police chief ordered one and was shipped with the wrong extractor. think I will skip the stag stuff. I hope to shoot my buddies rra/griz soon and will base my ar pick off that as I have never shot an AR before.

I think youre being fed a line of bullshit. If you knew a bit more about how these things work, you would know that you cant have a left hand BGC with right hand extractor. Did someone maybe put the wrong BCG in? Possibly but shit happens. Stag makes a quality product.

$899 for a package deal but the gun didn't have much with it? I think there are better deals out there.

ar15-carbine 5 magaZines a. soft sided tactical case and a gg&g mad buis. The magazines are worth 50.00 case 35.00 the mad buis is 150.00. What more do you want? Getting thr rra rifle for basically under 700.00

I have a case already, mags are cheap to buy, and I dont like the front sights or hand guard. I would buy the camp perry from the medina show before I bought that package deal. same price better gun. I comes with the flip up front and rear sights. A full quad rail, with vertical fore grip and a upgraded trigger and barrel. same gun as they have listed for the $999 package but a hundred bucks lower with better sights and a quad rail.

Edited by speedytriple

I gaurantee your not getting high end sights rail etc . gg&g is top notch shit period . I have over 500 just in a rail and two sights.(all gg&g)They are throwing on a 20.00 parts to make it look cool.compare apples to apples. Mages are cheap but can't have enough.lets put it like this... Don't let looks determine your gun and price. You can put lipstick on a pig , but it's still a pig. Hopefully this all makes sense.

I gaurantee your not getting high end sights rail etc . gg&g is top notch shit period . I have over 500 just in a rail and two sights.(all gg&g)They are throwing on a 20.00 parts to make it look cool.compare apples to apples. Mages are cheap but can't have enough.lets put it like this... Don't let looks determine your gun and price. You can put lipstick on a pig , but it's still a pig. Hopefully this all makes sense.

gg&g is garabge chinese knock off airsoft stuff