Like camping?

Casper

I'm looking to put together a backpacking/camping trip with a few friends. Anyone here into camping? I know Hwilli will be in. And our buddy Jesse, my old roommate. Last time we went exploring Moonville. I'm thinking a late fall weekend trip.

Check when the hawks migrate through Hawk Mountain, Pennsylvania. Dad loves that area, and apparently when you hike to the top of the mountain, you're actually looking down on the hawks and other raptors as they migrate.

http://www.hawkmountain.org/

Check when the hawks migrate through Hawk Mountain, Pennsylvania. Dad loves that area, and apparently when you hike to the top of the mountain, you're actually looking down on the hawks and other raptors as they migrate.

http://www.hawkmountain.org/

That's kinda cool. I'm thinking more Appalachia Trail though. Definitely have to keep this in mind though.

Will this involve ladies and beer?

Ladies, probably not. They're more than welcome if they want to though. When I go camping, it's usually all backcountry. No toilets. No showers. If you have to poo, you dig a hole.

Beer, maybe. Beer is hard to carry, so I usually just take liquor.

For a weekend trip like this, it'd probably be one night at a campground and one night backcountry. In that case, the night at the campground we could definitely get beer.

I'm open to suggestions and ideas. It's been a long time since I've actually been camping (and not in a parking lot at Mid Ohio, LOL).

i'm interested, but I doubt my schedule will allow it...

i have the "10-speed huffy" of camping gear, but for a single weekend, I could suck it up.

would we be riding to the starting point? with only backpacking gear, the only concern would be locking up helmets, etc.

i have the "10-speed huffy" of camping gear, but for a single weekend, I could suck it up.

would we be riding to the starting point? with only backpacking gear, the only concern would be locking up helmets, etc.

Nah, we'd be trucking where ever we go. No since worrying about the bikes/gear.

I've got an extra Kelty backpack you could borrow if you ended up going.