Ninja 250R opinions.

cg2112

Looks nice bubs, it's price thats holding you back. There's several around here for 1800-2200 with the same miles and such. Good luck though.

The 08-up 250's seem to demand a lot more than the 07-down. Most of the changes were strictly cosmetic, and EPA related from what I've read.

sv650

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!

I've ridden a 250 Ninja for 50 miles or so. It was fun, but WAY WAY WAY underpowered, as in can't hardly get out of it's own way. You have to rev the piss out of it all the time to get anywhere. SV's are plentiful and are a great all-around fun bike.

Looks nice bubs, it's price thats holding you back. There's several around here for 1800-2200 with the same miles and such. Good luck though.

You think so? Seems to be inline with the other similar bikes in my market. There are just so many bikes on CL. I posted it in the morning and by the evening it was on the second page already. It's a good time to buy it looks like.

The 08-up 250's seem to demand a lot more than the 07-down. Most of the changes were strictly cosmetic, and EPA related from what I've read.
You think so? Seems to be inline with the other similar bikes in my market. There are just so many bikes on CL. I posted it in the morning and by the evening it was on the second page already. It's a good time to buy it looks like.

Yup, been looking at them in Newark and Columbus with the wife and it's the 08 style she likes. There are alot that are higher but we've looked at 4 so far from 1800-2200. Just not found a color she likes yet. Thats why I was asking because black or yellow is kinda what she wants.

I like my 250r. For a new bike its a great price. Though it is not the fastest thing in the world, but will pick up speed well for its size. The bike handles great on corners. You can really push the bike far before if feels like it will fold on you. The motor is a little sluggish due to it being more of a gas saver. Easy fix with shimming, or jetting the carbs as i've done. Its a fun bike, and great for a gas saver and some fun around town and back roads.

I like my 250r. For a new bike its a great price. Though it is not the fastest thing in the world, but will pick up speed well for its size. The bike handles great on corners. You can really push the bike far before if feels like it will fold on you. The motor is a little sluggish due to it being more of a gas saver. Easy fix with shimming, or jetting the carbs as i've done. Its a fun bike, and great for a gas saver and some fun around town and back roads.

Looks like you got a new pipe also? What is it? If I don't sell mine, the jetting the carbs and a new pipe are due.

Looks like you got a new pipe also? What is it? If I don't sell mine, the jetting the carbs and a new pipe are due.

Its a yoshi. I highly recomend jetting or shimming the carbs! You will enjoy the bike so much more! Makes it easier the ride the bike and better pick up speed wise.

Yup, been looking at them in Newark and Columbus with the wife and it's the 08 style she likes. There are alot that are higher but we've looked at 4 so far from 1800-2200. Just not found a color she likes yet. Thats why I was asking because black or yellow is kinda what she wants.

Even being a 2008? Since you are in the market for one. Where do you think I should be on the price? Then I can decide whether to sell or keep it and start to update it.

Yup even 08's because everyone is unloading them for the winter. And I think you should sell for $1000, I'll be there to get it in the morning. :)

We just looked at one last night for $2000 with 3800 mi but it was the Kawi green and she wanted nothing to do with that color otherwise we'd try'd to work her down to 1800 and brought it home.