Home Electrical Work?

r6allstar

So they fiance and I have been looking at this house and have talked to the owner who is selling it. It is an old farm house and he said that it would need all the electric re-ran with new boxes and everything. I know shit about electrical work but I am trying to get a ballpark on what I could get this done for. I really like the place and if I could get it cheap enough then I would consider buying it.

Anyone here do something like this cheap? :)

Or possibly know somebody who could help out?

It is about 1400 sq ft with 3 bedrooms. Thanks!

hit me up and I'll get you in touch with a couple inexpensive guys that do quality work

Thanks.. Am going to go look at the place again this Saturday, I will be in contact when I get a better idea if this place is something worth undertaking.

yeah, cheap isn't exactly what you want when it comes to electrical :p

ha.. let me rephrase. I am looking for someone that does quality work as at "friend's discount" price lol.. If there is such a thing.

I just dont know how they do stuff like this when it comes to rewiring an entire house after it has been built, sounds like a pain in the ass.

I buy n sell homes, do most of the rehab work myself including plumbing and electrical. most of the houses where I had to replace the electric pannel became full on total rehabs cuse I had to tear out the plaster and replace it with drywall then it just made sence to update the plumbing. Anyway I have friends in the biz that can do anything you want including electrical,hvac,plumbing, kithchens, baths, and flooring so just hit me up I'll put you in touch.

. most of the houses where I had to replace the electric pannel became full on total rehabs cuse I had to tear out the plaster and replace it with drywall then it just made sence to update the plumbing. .

Listen to this^ advice. With an older house it will be one project after another. If you're not able to do the work yourself or don't have deep pockets, look at a newer house.

I agree. It can be done, but if the electric needs updated, chances are the plumbing is shit and if you are replacing the plumbing, you might as well go ahead and redo the kitchen and bath. It probably has no insulation, so you might as well rip out all the walls and insulate and dont forget to replace those old windows at $200+ a pop while you've got the walls opened up.