Request for prayers: Wife's cousin seriously injured...

SWing'R

Calling on all you religious folk, please pray for my wife's cousin David, he was involved in a serious accident

last night in Elyria. The story is front page news. Both him and the passenger are in comas and their chances

of survival are bleak.

PLEASE EVERYBODY, don't drink and drive, it's not worth it. Call a cab.

Yes they were drunk :(

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2010/08/30/news/mj3231424.txt

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2010/08/30/two-injured-in-high-speed-elyria-crash/

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2010/08/30/two-men-injured-in-crash-are-critical/

Edited by SWing'R

Wow. That was your wife's cousin? I'm surprised he's still among us after seeing the aftermath. Best of luck on the recovery.

POLICE IDENTIFY CRASH VICTIMS

CAR SLAMS POLE ON CLEVELAND ST

^--- has a 70 pic photo gallery. If that doesn't make you think twice about getting behind the wheel -- I don't know how much more shocking pics of vehicular damage I can offer you.

I'm not the praying kind but I'll keep them in my thoughts. I used to drive drunk alot, that's how I got so pretty in my avatar pic. That was a big wake up call and I don't do it anymore but it always gets me to see stories like this. I hope their condition improves and they have a fast and full recovery.

CAR SLAMS POLE ON CLEVELAND ST

^--- has a 70 pic photo gallery. If that doesn't make you think twice about getting behind the wheel -- I don't know how much more shocking pics of vehicular damage I can offer you.

Wow, those pics were crazy, and abit unsettling, in a few of them you could see David's head as they were pulling him out,

very surreal to see something like that knowing that you know that person.

Thank you for all of the well wishes. I am very upset by this turn of events. I am sure that they will be ok but I am praying very hard. They had to drill a hole in his head to releive the pressure from the blood clot that had ruptured. He still has another blood clot in his brain, everything is touch and go at this point. I will let you know if we hear anything about his condition.

The only update we have heard so far on anyones condition is that the passenger is

awake now and looks to be pulling thru.

My wifes cousin/the driver, on the other hand is still unconscious

and is showing now response to pain or stimulation, not looking good for him. :(

Well they took the port out of my cousins head that was draining the blood clot. I have not heard much else than what has been posted already. I know that the doctor said it will be a very long recovery if he pulls threw. It is not looking good right now. I will be calling the hospital tomorrow to see if I can get an update on his condition. Thank you so much for the prayers. With God on his side he has a good chance of pulling through. Keep Praying my friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the everyone's prayers did the trick, David is pulling thru and is now awake and alert.

He just had surgery to fix the broken bones in his face and will be having the piece of his skull

put back on shortly that was taken off to ease the swelling on his brain.

He still has a long recovery road ahead of him followed by a long time in therapy which will

probably be followed by jailtime. I think he's going to be charged with two counts of vehicular

assault not to mention the obvious things like dwi and failure to control.

This wasn't his first accident while under the influence, hopefully this one taught him a lesson.