Christian Sport Bike Assoc Sept 25th Ride

JCMathis

Tiffany: Thanks swing arm thats wat scott said, but I kinda felt that maybe it would offend some people or make me look like I dk nething, which if is wasnt for scott I wouldnt know anything hes taught me alot and got me interested in one day getting my license and my own bike

You'd be fine with an account many riders girls have accounts and no bike. And if you'd get him to put that bike back to factory height the way it is supposed to be you would both have a much more enjoyable and safer ride. Lowering the all the way to the ground like that is one of the worst things one can do to a bike, completely destroys the handling ability and as you saw yesterday with the tire wear thru the plastic it is also a safety hazard.

And I will admit you made it way farther than I thought you would.

Couple of you looked familiar..maybe from uncle punks dayton ride a couple of months ago?

That ride was NinjaNick's, when the turnout got too big for anyone to handle I tried to help him out.

I'm sorry to hear about the get offs and I hope for a speedy recovery to all. It sounds like those who went down did so around a good group of guys that took good care of them.

I hope that I can make the next ride that goes out to the southeast area.

Tiffany: I think I will create an account shortly then... and thanks 1000rrider I'm glad I semi impressed some ppl I personally was like I said before disappointed in myself. wish I would have made it further

You just glad no one got a pic when you fell back on the ground right before you guys left

No and what you getting at
He's just trying to draw attenion away from the off road adventures he takes when we lead ;)
yea 1000rrrider, i didnt lower the bike the previous owner did and i think they just cut spring so i cant raise it back to stock height just harden the shock. Otherwise i would have.

Yes you can, complete oem shock assy off ebay. Prolly set you back $30 at most and will make a world of difference on that bike.

Tiffany: I think I will create an account shortly then... and thanks 1000rrider I'm glad I semi impressed some ppl I personally was like I said before disappointed in myself. wish I would have made it further

I don't think any of us would charge out in the Springtime and attempt a long ride, for our first ride. Not without a few rides of shorter duration, to get up to speed. And some days, you just have to cut it short and turn back early. I don't think hardly any of us could do what you did.

im selling the bike so i really dont have the interest to change that. im gonna prolly buy a gsxr or busa. depends on what i come across.

Nothing against a busa but if you want to enjoy the curves more I get something else. Not saying you can't do it on a busa but would be easier on something else

im selling the bike so i really dont have the interest to change that. im gonna prolly buy a gsxr or busa. depends on what i come across.

Restoring to factory height will do 2 things. 1) Make it far easier to sell. 2) Become a totally different bike that you wont need to sell right away.

You don't need a Busa yet, bad idea. Restore yours to height and progress to the point you're out-riding the bikes ability then move to the GSXR

Considered a new Kawasaki Z1000?

Comfortable, handles pretty well, plenty of power for the twisties, and great insurance rates.

I would consider a 2010 though, a much better bike than the earlier models.

I was skeptical when I first got mine, a 2008 model, but now it is all good, kind of a sportbike with the characteristics of a cruiser.

http://static.blogo.it/twowheelsblog/gallery-ufficiale-kawasaki-z1000-2010-01/big_kawasaki_z1000_2010_01.jpg

http://image.superstreetbike.com/f/31472775+w750+st0/0912_sbkp_03_z+new_bikes_for_2010+kawasaki_z1000.jpg

Hey everyone, I'm back home and more or less in one piece.

First, let me say sorry to RadioFlyer for almost kamikazeeing into him. From what I can remember, my train of thought went something like this: "Hm, this corner is a bit tighter than what I was expecting; no big deal. Oh shit, gravel, that's not good. Oh shit...what is that in the ditch? *BAM*". Between the corner, the gravel, and the unexpected bike and rider in the ditch I just had too much to process and target fixated. I don't know if I hit him or his bike, but I deeply apologize for any damage I may have caused, up to and including causing Ryan to crap his pants in fear.

At first I thought I may have just bruised my back or pulled a few muscles because nothing felt broken, but in the end it was a good thing that the squad came because it turns out I have minor compression fractures in my T8 and T9 vertebrae. Surprisingly enough I'm in very little pain, and I don't have to have any sort of surgery. I've just got a back brace to wear for a few weeks and then I'll be fine according to the doctor. I'm going to try to make it to all my classes tomorrow and then head to work afterwards; no sense in letting this slow me down if it doesn't absolutely have to.

Thanks to everyone for helping me out. Thanks to the folks who were there right when it happened, and thanks to Todd for going way out of his way to drive all the way back to get our bikes back to Columbus. Thanks to everyone who called my family to check on me, and thanks to everyone else who has wished me well. All in all this situation has gone about as well as it could have for me; I'm just happy it didn't turn out as bad as it could have.

Now; about that bike... Totaled, you say Todd? Aw shucks, I guess I'll have to call the insurance company and get a big fat check to put towards something more sensible. Like a Daytona 675....

Hey everyone, I'm back home and more or less in one piece.

First, let me say sorry to RadioFlyer for almost kamikazeeing into him. From what I can remember, my train of thought went something like this: "Hm, this corner is a bit tighter than what I was expecting; no big deal. Oh shit, gravel, that's not good. Oh shit...what is that in the ditch? *BAM*". Between the corner, the gravel, and the unexpected bike and rider in the ditch I just had too much to process and target fixated. I don't know if I hit him or his bike, but I deeply apologize for any damage I may have caused, up to and including causing Ryan to crap his pants in fear.

At first I thought I may have just bruised my back or pulled a few muscles because nothing felt broken, but in the end it was a good thing that the squad came because it turns out I have minor compression fractures in my T8 and T9 vertebrae. Surprisingly enough I'm in very little pain, and I don't have to have any sort of surgery. I've just got a back brace to wear for a few weeks and then I'll be fine according to the doctor. I'm going to try to make it to all my classes tomorrow and then head to work afterwards; no sense in letting this slow me down if it doesn't absolutely have to.

Thanks to everyone for helping me out. Thanks to the folks who were there right when it happened, and thanks to Todd for going way out of his way to drive all the way back to get our bikes back to Columbus. Thanks to everyone who called my family to check on me, and thanks to everyone else who has wished me well. All in all this situation has gone about as well as it could have for me; I'm just happy it didn't turn out as bad as it could have.

Now; about that bike... Totaled, you say Todd? Aw shucks, I guess I'll have to call the insurance company and get a big fat check to put towards something more sensible. Like a Daytona 675....

So glad to hear you're not that bad off! Praise God! :-)

Now, that 675 is a sweet machine! DO IT! ;-)

Harb67,

It is great to hear from you, glad you are not feeling much pain. I would be very surprised if your insurance does not total that bike. As far as the Daytona goes, that is a sweet bike but it will be no where near as comfortable as the 650 but I am sure you already know that. You also cannot go wrong with the Triumph. :)

Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.