Why's MotoGP going to be in Indy next year?

Casper

That track is going to be sweet when it's built. I can't wait for Formula1 in the U.S.

+1. I went to the first 4 years at Indy. For it being a Tilke designed track, which have been less than impressive for the most part, it looks like they finally put a great layout together. I'm in for a OR group ride for 2012. :)

True story.... The only thing Indy has going for itself is that there is already a gp on the west coast an Indy covers the east and Midwest. If indy get their act together in 2011 I doubt that the Austin track will compete With the Indy market. With that said Indy brought a great show downtown and did a great job commodity wise this year. But the track still SUCKS!!! And I'm not talking about the layout, I'm talking about the conditions. There are three different types of asphult around the place so it has to be a pain to setup suspension and grab the right tires. Not only that it has bumps in turn six and in the entrance to turn ten that could kill a donkey!!! If Indy fixes those problems I don see them moving anywhere, unless the motogp organizers decide to only have one usgp then both laguna and Indy will definetelly be thrown out the window and Austin is in.

+1. I went to the first 4 years at Indy. For it being a Tilke designed track, which have been less than impressive for the most part, it looks like they finally put a great layout together. I'm in for a OR group ride for 2012. :)

MotoGP has only been in Indy for three years now. LOL

And HELL YEAH!!!! I'll definitely ride to Austin for the first year if they actually do it there. From the sounds of it though, it's almost a sure thing. This is going to be a world class race track, and one of the consultants is a former MotoGP official. Yay!

MotoGP has only been in Indy for three years now. LOL

And HELL YEAH!!!! I'll definitely ride to Austin for the first year if they actually do it there. From the sounds of it though, it's almost a sure thing. This is going to be a world class race track, and one of the consultants is a former MotoGP official. Yay!

I went to the first 4 years F1 was at Indy. :rolleyes:

True story.... The only thing Indy has going for itself is that there is already a gp on the west coast an Indy covers the east and Midwest. If indy get their act together in 2011 I doubt that the Austin track will compete With the Indy market. With that said Indy brought a great show downtown and did a great job commodity wise this year. But the track still SUCKS!!! And I'm not talking about the layout, I'm talking about the conditions. There are three different types of asphult around the place so it has to be a pain to setup suspension and grab the right tires. Not only that it has bumps in turn six and in the entrance to turn ten that could kill a donkey!!! If Indy fixes those problems I don see them moving anywhere, unless the motogp organizers decide to only have one usgp then both laguna and Indy will definetelly be thrown out the window and Austin is in.

I could not believe the bumps this year. I don't recall them being that bad the past few years. They were definitely the cause for a chuck of the offs during the weekend. I hope they put the money into to the track and bring it up to par.

I could not believe the bumps this year. I don't recall them being that bad the past few years. They were definitely the cause for a chuck of the offs during the weekend. I hope they put the money into to the track and bring it up to par.

I was taking pictures at turn six and I saw at least 10 riders smack their face on the gas tank while in full lean. The reason why rossi went off there so many times was because he was trying to work with the bumps. A good amount of the riders rode around the true apex to avoid the bump and rossi tried to meet it head on. From t.v. It looked like rossi was back to everyone elses conservative line on Sunday. It was funny watching the moto 2 guys tromp through the bumps on accident. :lol: that's where I saw all of the face meets gas tank action.

uphill braking zone into turn 1. interesting.

someone said that MotoGP considered VIR or even NJMP as the second American date.

Frankly, I don't think they'll go to Austin, because it would take away too many ticket purchasers from Laguna Seca.

Logistically, there is a huge financial problem with bringing all the bikes to CA, flying them to Europe, and then immediately bringing them back to the US.

As such, they're talking about either dropping one of the American rounds (indy), or makign them back-to-back to eliminate 2 transcontinental transports. If the latter option ends up being the way they go, the venues will have to be on opposite coasts to avoid cannibalizing each others ticket sales.

That Austin track looks amazing, but I think VIR or even Road America is more likely.

As of the interview.....Rossi told the turn 6 bump exists and it's pretty bad....he told I said that last year but have not been fixed, it's not only that turn 6 but it's overall a very bumpy track and you are not going to see a neck to neck race here as people will think twice to push their limits....it's very difficult to setup the suspension as e said...very true....