Shifter Problems on a Ninja 250

scari812

Yep, all kawi's have positive neutral engagement balls in their tranny's, which means (theoretically) that it is impossible to shift into 2nd at a stop, b/c the balls will not allow the gear to move that direction until the centrifugal l force produced once the bike is moving pushes the balls outward. Unless you have my bike, in which case it will now shift into 2nd at a stop, not exactly sure why it started doing this after I put full synthetic oil in it; if anything that should make those little balls not stick in place.

That's what i did, and now I have the problem, didn't do it with Castrol half synthetic. But I am way to lazy to take the tranny out just b/c the positive neutral function is'nt working right.

theere was a problem way before amsoil was put in then/......

That "positive neutral" is an interesting feature - never knew that existed. Does it ever fail in a bad way (not allowing 1-2 shift when moving)?

I could see a situation where it might do that; I have never encountered anyone who had that problem.

Crf69, if there was an existing problem there were no symptoms; but I really dun care so untill I completely rebuild the motor when I roll over 50k I'm not going to worry about it. The little balls are probably just gunked up of something.