why do i have the feeling 90% of arai owners know what this is like

El capitan

the quick fix had me cracking up yesterday when you sent that picture to me

while riding people would come up alongside me on 480 and i kept thinking, "must be checkin out my sweet bike heh" then it would dawn on me, no jackass they wonder why you have a half pound of painters tape on your bucket.

Scorpion sold photochromatic (photochromic) shields for a while. Iron Pony couldn't get many, and they sold quickly. I never managed to find one. Some other company bought the supplier of that item, and it hasn't been seen since. Bell currently sells them for the Bell Star. Maybe that's where all the production went to. edit: I looked on the Bell helmet website, and it's not shown for sale. Dunno... Guess we wait for this Shield Tech to start up. This technology so far has a history of failure.

I did find some for sale though:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/69/17680/ITEM/Bell-Transistions-Photochromatic-Shield-for-Star-Vortex-Helmets.aspx

Oh yes, that shield by Bell...IP carries it. I have yet to get someone to fork over $130 for one. That's almost the cost of several of the helmets that it fits on. :eek:

I'm sticking to my transitions eyeglasses and carrying a dark smoke shield. Shoei helmets are too easy to change shields on anyway.

Edited by the_silverfox