Wanna keep your CCW in your car at work? You soon may be able to!

jagr

A little off topic but I can't seem to find a strait answer on this, say I drive to work and leave my gun in the car, after work some people are going to the bar and I join them, is it legal to consume alcohol and drive home with a gun? I have read that if it is unloaded and locked in the trunk it is ok, so I would essentially just be transporting it instead of carrying it. Would this be legal? I know the best answer is to not have a gun at all when drinking but this situation is typically spur of the moment and if I'm going to be allowed to carry to work I'm going to be doing it daily so chances of this happening on occasion are very good.

Now I just have to find a REAL way to secure said peashooter in my ride. I'm not sure about the cable lockbox that goes around your front seat floor mount. I want more than that.

I'm thinking of making a steel box mounted atop my spare tire. What thief looks under there?

Now I just have to find a REAL way to secure said peashooter in my ride. I'm not sure about the cable lockbox that goes around your front seat floor mount. I want more than that.

I'm thinking of making a steel box mounted atop my spare tire. What thief looks under there?

P12125166.jpg

bolted to the floor of your trunk with red loc-tite, or pull up the carpet in that section and weld it to the floor with some type of bracket....if you ever sold car, cut weld and put carpet back down and its good to go

• Upvote 1

I thought of that but need something muck lower in height. It's a hatchback and I use it to haul stuff regularly with the seats down. That's why I was thinking under the deck and on top of the spare. Ill obviously have to fab it myself.

I need a project anyway.