please join me

omaralaoui

If you renamed the group to something like "Muslims against terrorism" or something like that I'd join. I just don't want "I AM MUSLIM" plastered on my facebook wall.

how about "i am muslim...let's talk" , that would make you the other side of the conversation :)

my point with the group is no matter what comments you have made about islam or muslims , there is still a possibility to at least clarify some misconceptions..that way if you hate isam, may be you can hate it for educated reasons and not look like a fool anytime they ask you : why don't you like islam ?

i met a few of you guys, and we had a good time, good conversations and so on.. knowing i am muslim wouldn't have changed anything.

I really don't care what religion anyone is or isn't. I believe in God. I don't believe any religion is right or wrong. They all believe in the same basic fundamentals. A good person is a good person no matter who or what they worship or don't.

I really don't care what religion anyone is or isn't. I believe in God. I don't believe any religion is right or wrong. They all believe in the same basic fundamentals. A good person is a good person no matter who or what they worship or don't.

thank you. we believe in the same concept. to me , religion is the same are a horse race, everyone believes in the horse they think is the fastest , but at the end of the day no one knows who ll win

thank you. we believe in the same concept. to me , religion is the same are a horse race, everyone believes in the horse they think is the fastest , but at the end of the day no one knows who ll win

See, we differ there. My opinion is that nobody wins over another. Those who believe in a religion are all praying to the same God or higher being. Jews, Muslims, Christians, Catholics, Native Americans, Buddhists, etc. Fundamentally the beliefs are the same. Live a good life, practice charity, and pray/worship. All paths to God are correct. No religion is wrong. If you take your holy text word for word, you're missing the larger picture. The Bible isn't a guide to life. It's a collection of stories passed down generation after generation to inspire people to do good.

Have you ever read the Bible? It's pretty exclusive in saying who is the ONE God, and by who you must be saved, and I'll give you a hint... it isn't allah or muhammed. It is also very exclusive as to it's claims of being the absolute word of God, not just a collection of stories. It leaves no room for anyone else's religion, as far as absolute truth is concerned. Believe whatever you want, but your statement is incredibly naive.

See, we differ there. My opinion is that nobody wins over another. Those who believe in a religion are all praying to the same God or higher being. Jews, Muslims, Christians, Catholics, Native Americans, Buddhists, etc. Fundamentally the beliefs are the same. Live a good life, practice charity, and pray/worship. All paths to God are correct. No religion is wrong. If you take your holy text word for word, you're missing the larger picture. The Bible isn't a guide to life. It's a collection of stories passed down generation after generation to inspire people to do good.

what i meant casper was : we don't even know what happens and if there is an afterlife , we can only hope. all religions are pretty similar except for historical accounts, and i agree with you and meant the same point just got lost in the translation.

I have no problem with Muslims, or the Islamic religion, any more than any other. It's the extremists that mess it all up, even for Christianity!

What he said. However I will expand that and say extremist in any faction, religion, politics, the environment, etc. etc...

Have you ever read the Bible?

i actually did read the bible and the torah .

It's pretty exclusive in saying who is the ONE God, and by who you must be saved

there is nothing exclusive about islam, all religions make the same claim including christianity and judaism. the muslim belief is that allah , god or yahweh are different names given to the same god abrahamic religions believe in .

and I'll give you a hint... it isn't allah or muhammed.

how do you know ? see we believe muhammad was a prophet of god , just an ordinary man who got revelations from god through the angel gabriel , if that is wrong then how about the ten commandments ?

It is also very exclusive as to it's claims of being the absolute word of God, not just a collection of stories.

being that jesus is the son of god according to christian beliefs, would it be the same point christianity is conveying ?

It leaves no room for anyone else's religion, as far as absolute truth is concerned. Believe whatever you want, but your statement is incredibly naive.

the whole of your statement is accusing islam of being what christianity and judaism represent . my statement is not naive if you actually take the time to understand islam and not view it as some renegade sect.

my point with this thread is not imposing my religion or making people understand it , it is simply an opening to talk and understand each other. so please refrain from making accusations .

I agree about extremists, but there is a thinking these days where, if you make any form of commitment to any religion as being absolute truth, you are labeled a bigot or extremist. I'm not saying using your religion to justify killing people, etc... only saying that your religion is the only true way. I will state openly that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven, based on what I read in the Bible. I won't beat you over the head with it or say you HAVE to believe it, but I believe it's the truth. Some would call me an extremist, but I think we need to differentiate between core beliefs and unacceptable behavior, both for Muslims and for Christians. It's ok to disagree... not ok to harm others using your religion as a justification.

i

my point with this thread is not imposing my religion or making people understand it , it is simply an opening to talk and understand each other. so please refrain from making accusations .

My statement wasn't even a response to you. I'll quote what I was referencing.

This is what I was commenting on.

I have no problem with Muslims, or the Islamic religion, any more than any other. It's the extremists that mess it all up, even for Christianity!

thank you, but unfortunately a lot of people believe that muslims and terrorist all come from the same mud . and that is what bought up the need to talk nor more than ever

I honestly think you guys should do more than "speak up" about terrorism. I think you should go back to the homeland, band together, root the terror groups out of the caves, and put them down.. I'm sure that you and/or your fellow countrymen know who, and where they are. Stop talking, and go do something about it.

I honestly think you guys should do more than "speak up" about terrorism. I think you should go back to the homeland, band together, root the terror groups out of the caves, and put them down.. I'm sure that you and/or your fellow countrymen know who, and where they are. Stop talking, and go do something about it.

:) brilliant solution . see , this is the type of statement i have a problem with .with all the muslims dying in everyday bombings , do you think they are just cheering for them there ? if muslim countries were doing nothing, the problem would be ten times fold . now as far as going back to my homeland, this is my homeland , im doing great here ,thanks for your concern though.

If you are refering to Afghanistan caves with qaida in them , isn't that why our Army is there for, to get them out of these caves and punish the guilty ones ?

I don't think Omar is from Afghanistan , so it doesn't really count as his home country ...

just saying

Okay.. Im not pointing a fingure at you.. I just think that the Islamic and Muslim people as a whole, arent doing enough to put a stop to there own extremists. You dont see christian extremists doing anywhere near the damage that Islamic/Muslim terrorists do. If our govt even gets wind of an American group they think are terror orgs.. they put them down... right or wrong. Remember Waco, Ruby Ridge and more... I think the American people would put down a Christian extremist group responsible for something like 911.. If they didnt agree with it. Thats what makes me wonder about the average Middle eastern. Take some responsibilty as a Middle Eastern Muslim, and take action against extremist terrorism. I would like to see action instead of buck passing.