Bob McDorman selling off his extensive car collection

max power

I'm going. We should get some people together and go heckle the auctioneer or something.

Maybe we can get enough people to throw in $ to buy the S-10 and raffle it or something. It probably has 10 miles on it.

I won't be able to Friday. It is a clean S10, but it's an S10. :lol:

I call dibbs on this then.

OH1110-99532_4.jpg?lastmod=09081094707

I'll be there, for sure.

I recall seeing a '90 ZR1 with something like 2.8 miles on it a few years back at his show...

He sold off his sign and memorabilia collection a couple of years ago, and 50 or so cars at some point. The signs and stuff were estimated to go for north of $3 large.

No kids to inherit, or "the hell with the kids, I need cash"? If that was my pop's collection, you can be darn sure that most all of those would be staying.

Maybe it's time to raid the college/life fund I set up for Jr...

Wonder what forces a sale? Or the ol' man just get bored?

All these are nom-worthy.

All chrome K5

Camaro ZL1

'62 Convertible (My favorite C2)

My favorite C3 - 1972

Nah, these two are right for you, at least color-wise:

Matching 1994 Corvettes, hardtop and convertible, 'rare' copper color..

OH1110-99570_1.jpg?lastmod=09081095834

OH1110-99571_3.jpg?lastmod=09081095847

No kids to inherit, or "the hell with the kids, I need cash"? If that was my pop's collection, you can be darn sure that most all of those would be staying.

Maybe it's time to raid the college/life fund I set up for Jr...

He has kids, but gives them nothing. His son has been selling cars off and on for him since college. Havent seen his daughter in years. He is getting up there in years and the car biz hasnt been treating him too good in recent years. His very loyal small town customer base has been dying off as rapidly as our small town.

My favorite C3 - 1972

OH1110-99545_1.jpg?lastmod=09081095049

^ Didnt see that one. My dad had a '72. Steel City Gray. Definitely my favorite year. I do like the big blocks though.

not even one chevelle???

and did anyone notice this monstrosity?

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=OH1110-99594&entryRow=131

He already sold off his Chevelles.

OH1110-99594_1.jpg?lastmod=090810114232

He used to drive a new Vette every year. This was his last "daily". He was having trouble getting in and out of them and started driving those SSR's when they came out.

OH1110-99504_1.jpg?lastmod=09081093444

That thing looks like a land yacht on itty bitty wheels :nono:

n53800032_30032422_7110.jpg

n53800032_30032421_6920.jpg

Ya' know.... Had you put the cars closer together.... You could've gotten a closer up/better picture w/ more detail... Jus'sayin ;)

That's pretty damn slick!

does one really need so many corvettes? thats like just ordering vanilla ice cream every day of your life.... why!!!!????

Do you really need to bang all those different women? They all have vaginas and just come in different colors -- the basic shape is the same.

I don't like your analogy. :p

• Upvote 1

probably the ugliest piece of shit i have ever saw!

OH1110-99598_3.jpg?lastmod=090810101207

OH1110-99598_4.jpg?lastmod=090810101207

What is that? A Corvette and Nomad combined?

does one really need so many corvettes? thats like just ordering vanilla ice cream every day of your life.... why!!!!????
Do you really need to bang all those different women? They all have vaginas and just come in different colors -- the basic shape is the same.

I don't like your analogy. :p

I....ugh...I agree with JRMiii...:cry:

:lol:

He was the biggest Corvette dealer in the country at one time. To say he is really into them is an understatement. The man is very passionate about his product.

I'll bet Keith Dennis doesnt have a huge Hyundai collection.

• Upvote 1