09 Repsol anyone?

35RFTW

Well first off the person you delt with a year ago in the shop was fired shortly there after for exactly what you and others complained of. Secondly, I still have our pm's and the only help I did not provide you was a steal of a deal. So because I would not sell a bike at a dream, no one would pass up price, you want to bash? I could post it up if you need a refresh, because it seemed as if we were cool? Get serious. We have not had a pushy sales guy here since the last one left in September of last year. I have always treated OR memebers exceptionally well I do believe. I don't expect people to love the list price. It is there for a reason though. We are not running a shoe string operation here. Our bikes get dyno'ed and an actual inspection so we can know what we are selling to the community. With test rides, we don't allow them until the paperwork is done on the bike so liability is out of our hands. The insurance for that is crazy expensive. I can PROMISE you that most all used dealers that are allowing it are not properly covered and if something went wrong, you would be screwed. We have never had an issue with a customer taking a bike after paperwork was signed and having an issue that could not be resolved. Feel free to continue to bash our prices, but I promise you, no one in Columbus cares more about making sure customers are taken care of more than we do. I really don't remember anyone else at the OR camp site cook up burgers for people. Oh yeah, that was me. I care. Most do not.

Justin-

Dub is a great guy. Legit, level headed person that is somewhat of out of the "norm" when it comes to being a retail buyer. He is educated, knows a good number of people and is probably a savvy shopper. All those things combined essentially means that he is going to investigate what he buys, research the average costs of a similar item and go to task with the shop he buys from.

That means that a dealer needs to have the ducks in a row, of sorts. The issue is that prices are what leads customers to the door. I understand that the idea that you all dyno bikes and make sure they run is a cool option to provide - especially if there is no test ride until AFTER the paperwork. Educated and on the ball customers are going to shy away from not being able to test ride a bike. Now, if you can allow the dyno run to be done in front of a customer, that may reduce the apprehension.

Also, understand that stating you cook hot dogs and are part of many events for OR while cool and generous, isn't a reason to buy. If I am spending under $500, maybe. But if I am plopping down $4k for something, I don't care about hot dogs. I want to be able to be treated great by getting test rides, getting knowledgeable sales staff, by getting treated properly.

I've bought some parts when I was in a pinch from you guys as you are so very close. They were OK priced and not really exceptional and I didn't get anything off for being an OR member... However, at times, we all understand that the time it takes to research a part and wait and even spend time driving to get it, etc., getting it locally at a higher price is not such a bad deal and is essentially saving time for me - which is like saving money.

Just understand that if someone chimes in and states that $4k for a bike w/o gauges, fairings, etc and will cost them a good bit to get back to street condition, it is a heads up to do some checking and to do some investigating as to what it will take to get it done. Honda parts on Ebay and other avenues for getting such items are higher than average due to the lower number of owners. Compared to a GSXR, a set of gauges are more money as there are fewer to choose from...

Just remember that sponsors care about customers - if not, they will loose business and not be around very long. Pedophiles give free candy to kids - doesn't mean they are doing a great job on the follow up... Know what I mean? Sponsors try to do their customers right. Some do more in terms of being around at events, etc. That's fine and that's noble. But, saying things like free test rides at used bike dealers is probably not being done correctly is an opinion... Most people that buy from dealers, go to established OEM dealers selling used bikes. At those shops, a LOT will allow test rides. Customers that claim they do not are most likely not probable customers or are window shopping... We never got to signing paperwork first and test rides after... We'd grab maybe a fully refundable deposit and if the test ride was a failure, we refunded... But, nobody is doing it that way as you describe. The issue on your end is most likely due to the fact that the bike does not have a rebuildable title. It is a liability on your end to allow a person to ride a bike with a salvage title due to the fact that if something went wrong, it would be tough for an insurer to support or back. Now, if they were clean titles and non rebuildables, it would be different.

Just say that as opposed to claiming other used bike dealers are doing illegal things... Sounds bad on your end...

Anyways, if someone wants this thing and there is a smoking deal, talk to Justin. Give him a chance. After all, my feelings on supporting local shops is that if we do not, they will go away. We cannot afford a shop like this to go away. It is a great avenue for parts and such for our bikes and as I stated, I have used them in the past and will do so in the future. Just don't get so upset that on a public forum, people chime in with comment as to price... It is normal and how you react can be a deciding factor to some potential customers...

• Upvote 1

Justin-

Dub is a great guy. Legit, level headed person that is somewhat of out of the "norm" when it comes to being a retail buyer. He is educated, knows a good number of people and is probably a savvy shopper. All those things combined essentially means that he is going to investigate what he buys, research the average costs of a similar item and go to task with the shop he buys from.

That means that a dealer needs to have the ducks in a row, of sorts. The issue is that prices are what leads customers to the door. I understand that the idea that you all dyno bikes and make sure they run is a cool option to provide - especially if there is no test ride until AFTER the paperwork. Educated and on the ball customers are going to shy away from not being able to test ride a bike. Now, if you can allow the dyno run to be done in front of a customer, that may reduce the apprehension.

Also, understand that stating you cook hot dogs and are part of many events for OR while cool and generous, isn't a reason to buy. If I am spending under $500, maybe. But if I am plopping down $4k for something, I don't care about hot dogs. I want to be able to be treated great by getting test rides, getting knowledgeable sales staff, by getting treated properly.

I've bought some parts when I was in a pinch from you guys as you are so very close. They were OK priced and not really exceptional and I didn't get anything off for being an OR member... However, at times, we all understand that the time it takes to research a part and wait and even spend time driving to get it, etc., getting it locally at a higher price is not such a bad deal and is essentially saving time for me - which is like saving money.

Just understand that if someone chimes in and states that $4k for a bike w/o gauges, fairings, etc and will cost them a good bit to get back to street condition, it is a heads up to do some checking and to do some investigating as to what it will take to get it done. Honda parts on Ebay and other avenues for getting such items are higher than average due to the lower number of owners. Compared to a GSXR, a set of gauges are more money as there are fewer to choose from...

Just remember that sponsors care about customers - if not, they will loose business and not be around very long. Pedophiles give free candy to kids - doesn't mean they are doing a great job on the follow up... Know what I mean? Sponsors try to do their customers right. Some do more in terms of being around at events, etc. That's fine and that's noble. But, saying things like free test rides at used bike dealers is probably not being done correctly is an opinion... Most people that buy from dealers, go to established OEM dealers selling used bikes. At those shops, a LOT will allow test rides. Customers that claim they do not are most likely not probable customers or are window shopping... We never got to signing paperwork first and test rides after... We'd grab maybe a fully refundable deposit and if the test ride was a failure, we refunded... But, nobody is doing it that way as you describe. The issue on your end is most likely due to the fact that the bike does not have a rebuildable title. It is a liability on your end to allow a person to ride a bike with a salvage title due to the fact that if something went wrong, it would be tough for an insurer to support or back. Now, if they were clean titles and non rebuildables, it would be different.

Just say that as opposed to claiming other used bike dealers are doing illegal things... Sounds bad on your end...

Anyways, if someone wants this thing and there is a smoking deal, talk to Justin. Give him a chance. After all, my feelings on supporting local shops is that if we do not, they will go away. We cannot afford a shop like this to go away. It is a great avenue for parts and such for our bikes and as I stated, I have used them in the past and will do so in the future. Just don't get so upset that on a public forum, people chime in with comment as to price... It is normal and how you react can be a deciding factor to some potential customers...

holy long post batman, but well put Brian. We do offer to dyno any bike in front of a customer at their request. We also offern engine and transmission warranties on all of our bikes as well. Our test ride policy is store wide and applies for our clean title stuff as well. Salvage never could be test ridable just simply because it is a pretty hefty fine is you get caught on the street with one and they will impound it. Also I was more offended by the comment of being no help to Dubguy than anything. I always try to do what I can for the OR community and to say I was of no help was a little disturbing. Regardless, I appreciate your comments.

holy long post batman, but well put Brian. We do offer to dyno any bike in front of a customer at their request. We also offern engine and transmission warranties on all of our bikes as well. Our test ride policy is store wide and applies for our clean title stuff as well. Salvage never could be test ridable just simply because it is a pretty hefty fine is you get caught on the street with one and they will impound it. Also I was more offended by the comment of being no help to Dubguy than anything. I always try to do what I can for the OR community and to say I was of no help was a little disturbing. Regardless, I appreciate your comments.

There ya go, folks. Can have it dyno'd in front of you to verify it runs and does what they say. Don't see anything wrong with that for a salvage bike.

Kudos.

Salvage bikes aside... I've always had to pony up my insurance card to test drive anything. My insurance covers me if I wad the bike/car/truck/whatevs... So' date=' what's with dealerships not allowing test rides? I don't see how they are liable.[/quote']

because not all companies are set up that way....a lot cover the vehicle not driver

if my girl wrecks my truck, my insurance covers it

if i wreck her car, my insurance will say too fuckin bad...have to claim it on her insurance

Originally Posted by STT-Brian

They were OK priced and not really exceptional and I didn't get anything off for being an OR member...

If ANYONE feels like they are not getting the right discount, please do not hesitate to find me at the shop and I will get it handled. My cell phone number is redily available so use it!