Oshp....

warpspeed

Got nailed this morning by OSHP for tint on front windows and too far down on windshield, and for tinted plate cover on the back AND no front plate....

Already peeled the window tint off, gotta get the windshield tint professionally trimmed, got the plate cover off and got the front plate mounted up....

I'm going to take pics of it, and try to have a cop? inspect it and make sure its all legal and sign the pics...THEN go tell the judge how the car came from florida and I bought it that way and its all legal now....which is 100% truth.

Did you buy the car from Florida and are driving it up here for the first time? If so, you have exigent circumstances and you can easily get off the hook. If the car has been in Ohio for a while, registered to you with a Ohio address, Ohio plates, etc, then using this defense will only serve to piss the judge off.

It seems to me like you have more than enough to go on to get a lot of these thrown out like the lack of a tint test, so the only thing you may get dinged on is the failure to display for the front plate, and even then if you show the prosecutor you have it fixed, it's possible that might be plead down.

Welcome to the Ohio Revenue Service.

na i'v had it for a year. irregardlous of the tint test, the ws banner was 1" below the as1 marks.

It is definitly a NO-POINT violation.....so im thinking about just paying it and be down with it.

EDIT:

I called the local SHP post and they said take pictures, go to court, plead no contest, and tell the judge my story how I didn't realize i had equipment violations and I went straight home and corrected them.

they said more than likely the judge would waive atleast some of the charges

Edited by warpspeed

• 8 months later...

I got popped by a Kenton City boy this morning at 6:30 on my way to Detroit. I about shit when he told me that is what he pulled me over for (20% all around). I guess he didn't care about the tinted rear plate cover and no plate on the front. I have passed so many cops State, County and local since I got the new car in February without a second look. As he was walking away after giving me the ticket he said pay the fine and to remove the tint to which I chuckled. FTP! :)

• Upvote 1

EDIT:

I called the local SHP post and they said take pictures, go to court, plead no contest, and tell the judge my story how I didn't realize i had equipment violations and I went straight home and corrected them.

they said more than likely the judge would waive atleast some of the charges

then you are taking the gamble of having a judge that is a dick, you could end up with your $260 fine + additional court fees

I got popped by a Kenton City boy this morning at 6:30 on my way to Detroit. I about shit when he told me that is what he pulled me over for (20% all around). I guess he didn't care about the tinted rear plate cover and no plate on the front. I have passed so many cops State, County and local since I got the new car in February without a second look. As he was walking away after giving me the ticket he said pay the fine and to remove the tint to which I chuckled. FTP! :)

Well, you did say it was in Detroit. Maybe because the place is a shithole (or so I've heard) that the police are bigger assholes there. Maybe the majority of people there that have had their windows tinted are gangsta, thugs, and hooligans. :dunno:

Well, you did say it was in Detroit. Maybe because the place is a shithole (or so I've heard) that the police are bigger assholes there. Maybe the majority of people there that have had their windows tinted are gangsta, thugs, and hooligans. :dunno:

Metro Detroit police, Metro Flint police, and other bad city police forces don't give two shits about tinted windows and other vehicular bullshit up here. When you have multiple homicides, rapes, etc every night in a city that can't even afford to keep the lights on, shit like that is overlooked.

This doesn't include the snooty, upscale areas like Royal Oak, Farmington Hills, etc though.

It was on my way to Detroit. Kenton in halfway between Marysville and Findlay. Cop had the look of being fresh out of school. Guess he is going to make his name writing tickets for tint rather than real crimes. I fully admit my care is illegal in several aspects but never expected to be pulled over just for the tint. Oh well no big deal, just thought I'd share my Wednesday morning adventure.

Metro Detroit police, Metro Flint police, and other bad city police forces don't give two shits about tinted windows and other vehicular bullshit up here. When you have multiple homicides, rapes, etc every night in a city that can't even afford to keep the lights on, shit like that is overlooked.

This doesn't include the snooty, upscale areas like Royal Oak, Farmington Hills, etc though.

Point takin'. Touche.

+1 As soon as I hit the state line its foot to the floor. The Highway Patrol up there is too busy fighting crime to screw with a tourist.

fixed that for you

noob.

Thanks.

After you having over 4,500 post on this site...I'm very disappointed. :nono:

Back in the olden days we weren't too lazy to just type "Fixed." :p

RVSdon you're a special kind of special

You have no idea.

• 1 month later...

Got a tint ticket last week. In my 41 years on earth, and probably 25 tickets before i was even 18, I've never gotten a tint ticket. I drove a Beemer w 5% tint all around for years. Never a peep from popo. But at 41 years old, driving a respectable late model grand Prix, I get a tint ticket. (5% all around w tinted tails and reverse bar too). He actually

Pulled out a tint meter. Never even knew it existed. (showed mine at 8%) I AM happy he didnt give me a ticket for the 80 mph he clocked me at though:)

Got a tint ticket last week. In my 41 years on earth, and probably 25 tickets before i was even 18, I've never gotten a tint ticket. I drove a Beemer w 5% tint all around for years. Never a peep from popo. But at 41 years old, driving a respectable late model grand Prix, I get a tint ticket. (5% all around w tinted tails and reverse bar too). He actually

Pulled out a tint meter. Never even knew it existed. (showed mine at 8%) I AM happy he didnt give me a ticket for the 80 mph he clocked me at though:)

Where did you get popped?