The Mazda is gone! New cage in the garage...

SWing'R

...If you're talking new cars, I'm pretty sure the Nissan Versa is the only thing that can be had for close to the same money.

But I do want to hear what a "fully loaded" Hyundai Accent has in hte way of features :D

The Versa and the Accent Blue were the two we were looking at because they were in the same price range of just under $10K, however none of the dealers had any of the Hyundai Blue's in stock, only the GS and GLS models.

The GS model we got came with a $1500 option "package" and included lots of things that we would have not gotten if we got the Blue. The GS was about $4K more but with the $2K incentive from Hyundai and the tradein we were able to get the better car with the option package for just over $10K.

Payments ended up being about $5 more a month than the budget we had planned on, so all worked out.

BTW, the features I'm referring to whey I say "loaded" is in comparison to the Blue (which had nothing) include things like....

- AC

- stereo (yep, blue didn't come with one)

- power locks/windows

- abs brakes

- keyless entry w/alarm

Edited by SWing'R

My wifey got a Hyundai Accent as a rental when her Accord got wrecked and was in the shop, I really liked the little car. If the backseat was a little bigger I would consider one for sure, but it is a little crowded for the kiddos car seat. I am a big fan of Hyundai/Kia though so I am kinda biased. I currently own a '09 Kia Sedona and love the thing, 31k miles so far and no issues whatsoever. Glad you are enjoying the new ride Swing'R, gotta love the 100k powertrain warranty too!! :banana:

• 3 weeks later...

Turned on the XM radio today for the first time, I think we get 3months of service for free.

Gotta say we kinda like it, found the "80's on the 8"/channel 008

and minutes later were singing along with the radio to some really great stuff.:banana:

Liked the "Hair Nation" channel too :metal:

Might have to work the $12.95/mo into our budget after the free 3months :p, we'll see.