Nelson Ledges last night...

Dubguy85

SOO just wanted to write my 2 cents worth about Nelson last night. I was thinking of doing Putnam today or Nelson today when I kept looking at the forecast it didnt look good. So Kawasaki Guy, Jr, and myself made the executive decision we were going to go up to Nelson Friday night for $60 and run from 5 - dark (Open Track). I'm going to say it was WELL WELL worth it.

We first go to the wrong address.. I'm an idiot and went to their "MAILING" address which is about 20 minutes away from the physical address.. So make sure when you are looking up where the track is, you go to the physical address... We were early so it didn't matter at all..

I pull in and the place looks like a dump.. Gravel parking lot everywhere, track looks crappy, bathrooms looked dumpy, office building was a shed. etc.. I was like.. "Well.. for $60 who cares"

We go pay and get through a very very light tech inspection.. I think they are more strict on a normal track day, but Jr had a complete street bike with taped lights and he was fine.

I put the warmers on for about 30 minutes, and then it was time to roll. There were probably only about 20 - 25 riders out there total. I followed some people out that had been there before to see some lines.

Yes Nelson is a little bumpy on a few turns, but this track is very fast, not hard on the brakes, flows well, etc. The first 20 minutes or so I was just trying to get where my brake points were, and lines and stuff, but then tried picking up the pace.... The best part about the track is that its not physically demanding like Mid O or Barber, so for the 3 hour track day open track, you can almost ride the whole time.. We pitted for wrecks, gas, and I think 1 break...

It was a TOTAL blast and for $60 its the best value anywhere!

I will most certainly be back next year for the Friday night special!

Thank you Fasttrax and NELSON :bow:

Nelsons has been a great track for me. Doesn't have a whole lot of technical corners, but it really taught me a lot about taking fast corners. The first time I drug knee going 140+ was a pretty scary awesome feeling. And since it was the first track I went to, I didn't even realize it was a dump.

Nelson used to be a great track. I used to race 4 wheel stuff there. Ecomomy and such has taken a toll on it and I'm not sure that the SCCA will continue there if they can find something better nearby. Shame. Used to be a great track and I would like to run two wheels there someday.

Nelsons has been a great track for me. Doesn't have a whole lot of technical corners, but it really taught me a lot about taking fast corners. The first time I drug knee going 140+ was a pretty scary awesome feeling. And since it was the first track I went to, I didn't even realize it was a dump.

where at Nelson can you put a knee down doing 140?

i actually have no idea how fast i'm going through there. i'm sure you don't have to touch your knee there if you don't feel like... i sure as hell don't like to do it. it's scary scary.