Attn: 5hr Energy users...

SWing'R

I myself like and use 5hr Energy, however, while at Big Lots in Hilliard this

weekend I found several types of energy shots and and drinks in their

food section!

Found this for $1.00 a bottle, looked up the ingredients of 5hr Energy and

compared it to this, almost identical! Close enough for me considering the savings!

no-crash.jpg

They even had something that said "For Women" on it that was TWO bottles for $1.00 !

I didn't really see anything in the ingredients that would technically make it just for women, but hey why chance it :p

I keep thinking about the energy drinks I found in Japan in the 70s. They typically did not have caffeine. They did work very well. And had some unusual ingredients. I just googled this bit of history:

It all started in Japan, when Taisho Pharmaceuticals released a drink called Lipovitan-D in 1962. It contained a mix of B1, B2, and B6 vitamins, along with niacin and taurine, all of which are metabolic agents intended to boost energy and concentration. “Tonic drinks soon grew in popularity in Asia and, in 1987, an Austrian named Dietrich Mateschitz took the concept, added caffeine and sugar, and formulated Red Bull, which quickly became popular in Europe.

But notice that the original concept was a pharmaceutical, not a soft drink.

edit: btw, I brought back Japanese energy drinks in 1972, with the intention of copying and introducing them to the US market. I never did. I'm an idiot...

Edited by ReconRat

...They even had something that said "For Women" on it that was TWO bottles for $1.00 !

I didn't really see anything in the ingredients that would technically make it just for women' date=' but hey why chance it :p[/quote']

You might grow boobies... :D

If you do, watch out for that Wheezle guy... :lol:

..sorry, too easy...just like my sister :rolleyes:

I keep thinking about the energy drinks I found in Japan in the 70s. They typically did not have caffeine. They did work very well. And had some unusual ingredients. I just googled this bit of history:

But notice that the original concept was a pharmaceutical, not a soft drink.

edit: btw, I brought back Japanese energy drinks in 1972, with the intention of copying and introducing them to the US market. I never did. I'm an idiot...

What? You could be rocking a brand new 919 right now. Oh, wait.....nevermind. :D

• 2 months later...
I get 5hr energy at Sam's Club... 24 for 40$

I'm finding acceptable replacements for $1 each, hard to beat!

Not saying that your deal isn't good, cause that is a great prince for 5hr.

Edited by SWing'R