Anyone Scuba Dive?

OsuMj

I just finished my certification dives yesterday :D It was chilly and I was on the verge of having a panic attack underwater, but TopLeft was my scuba instructor and he helped me out a LOT! I'm really excited about it and hope that I get to go diving next spring. Anyone scuba dive? Would anyone be up for a ride and dive in the spring?

What!?!?! :wtf:

No muff diving posts!!! I'm really let down by this thread.

:facepalm:

Agreed Kev.... Peoples be slackin'

I'm not. I'm kinda excited that it hasn't taken a turn for the ridiculous.

Sawweee...

I want to dive somewhere warm next time :) ...

Meeee tooooo evilgrin.gif

Yes I started diving when i was 40,I live in Rhode Island so it is alwayys "chilly". Ocean viibility here on a good day is 15 ft . I am 55 now, and full wetsuit diving is just too much work for me. I only dive in caribbean, aruba, etc..... I would like to do some quarry dives some time. It is a great sport, I really loved Belize and Aruba.

I did my certification dives in a quarry (Gilboa). They sunk a school bus, motorcycle, airplanes, helicopter, a few cars... its pretty sweet. I only really hung out by the school bus because i was freaking out a little bit, but next time I think I might be able to do some exploring. :)

I am sure your local dive store offer travels, this is our local dive store that offer groupies.....

http://www.justaddwaterscuba.com/travel/index.html

they also offer a niagara river line dive, I highly recommend it and it's different. If you wanna dive here lakes get a 7 mm wetsuit or it's too cold...Erie does have fantastic wreck sites water is 42 degrees and not crisp clear but an alternative in warmer months to go down south.

http://www.osprey-dive.com/shipwreck.cfm

They are located inbetween erie and dunkirk, ny. (where we get tickets for speeding)

I did my certification dives in a quarry (Gilboa). They sunk a school bus, motorcycle, airplanes, helicopter, a few cars... its pretty sweet. I only really hung out by the school bus because i was freaking out a little bit, but next time I think I might be able to do some exploring. :)

The place in Key West where I went took me to a 300ft deep estuary where there was a underwater hotel. Seeing windows and drapes really weirded me out.