How many are too many...

ReconRat

Somebody convince me that I should sell a bike before buying another.

I'd like a late model muscle cruiser, or an older NightHawk S (don't ask) or both even. Or a BMW - R or K dunno...

Or convince me that I should wait till I am willing to let one go before buying another.

Or tell me how many are too many...

Or find me a big garage with a little house attached...

I'm lucky in that I have a workshop and a pole barn. Space to work on / store a couple dozen bikes... Now if only I could convince my wife to let me buy a second bike...

Bikes are like guns. They all have their time and place. You wouldn't go varmint hunting with a Kimber 1911, but you can't really CCW with a Ruger M77 MkII in 22-250 (4000 fps jacketed hollowpoint = sucky day for mr.woodchuck) now can you?

So, you need a "Hunting" bike and a "CCW" bike and a "Zombie Apocalypse bike" and a... Get the picture?

I think you need a Cruiser for Bike Night at The Loob. You need a touring bike to come with us to Alaska... A turbo 'busa would be good too because it can go from 0 to "soiled underwear" in about 2.0 seconds. Then you need a 'wing for the Nationwide Children's Hospital toy drive (put the comically large stuffed toy in the back seat) Then you need a 2-stroke for going offroad. And you need an enduro so you can get to your 2-stroke from home.

So, anyway, Honda Northwest has a nice Councours in stock. I told my wife I was going to divorce her and marry the bike. "Good, becaue if you buy that damn bike and that's the only RIDING you'll be doing."

I grew up in a house with 4 bikes. In all seriousness I think 6/7 is pushing it because the costs of registration and insurance starts to get high. 4 or 5 would probably be ideal; 2 cruisers, 2 sportbikes, and one specialty/wild card.

Short answer, you have room to get more. :)

Is that the chain you told me was wearing out 2 years ago?

Yes, it ran out of adjustment, so I took a link out, last year, and put it back. Just to be a smartass and say I had done it. It lasted one more year.

It is now in a condition that will quickly damage the sprockets. So I parked it. And I don't know where the chain is that I bought last year. Somewhere...

edit: 919s are known for not having much adjustment. It comes with a 114 530, but both a 114 530 and 112 530 fit up.