Deal or No Deal???

Sen10nalz

my brother is looking to pick up a 2004 GSX-R 1000 this week, it looks like this, i didnt take any pictures of it.

83596d1173720103-2002-gsxr-1000-red-black-silver-my-rbs-1000-1-5-.jpg

the bike was laid down, only damage i can tell is the side of the front fairings are cracked. Has 12k miles. I took it for a ride, rides good 'in my opinion'

being sold for 2400 plus tattoo work from my bro...

Im thinking its a great deal...

as i've only owned one motorcycle... is there anything i should be checking out for when giving the bike a second go round and check,

like something that shows any signs of breaking down, that only experienced riders would be able to tell??

I took it for a ride, rides good 'in my opinion'....................

that only experienced riders would be able to tell??

Am I hearing this right, it sounds from your words here that this is your brothers first bike since he had you ride it and check it over. Yet you're on your first bike also "that you've already laid down" and need tips to look for???? How can this possibly not go bad, and why would he get a GSXR1000 for his first bike?

Hopefully I'm wrong here.

Am I hearing this right, it sounds from your words here that this is your brothers first bike since he had you ride it and check it over. Yet you're on your first bike also "that you've already laid down" and need tips to look for???? How can this possibly not go bad, and why would he get a GSXR1000 for his first bike?

Hopefully I'm wrong here.

Its not his first bike.. he's just to short to test it., even i tiptoe on it (ok maybe not tiptoe) but its not completely flat footed, plus the seat is custom, and the cushion is gi-normous. he has a gsxr 600.. plus he wanted a second opinion, because 2g's is still 2 g's...

this would be his third actually, he takes mine out whenever i dont..

Edited by Sen10nalz

Its not his first bike.. he's just to short to test it., even i tiptoe on it, plus the seat is custom, and the cushion is gi-normous. he has a gsxr 600.. plus he wanted a second opinion, because 2g's is still 2 g's.

Otay that sounds better, ignore my first post and carry on.

Be sure to check the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat.

Muffler bearings start to go around then on a liter bike too (kaleco).

Your best and easiest indicator is the maintenance done on it and to test the knowledge of the previous owner. If things look worn and not replaced (leaky front forks, loose headstock, rusty chain, brake pads, tires etc...) then start asking hard questions looking for immediate and correct responses, those things might indicate the person doesn't really take care of their bike that well.

What was replaced after the bike was laid down? If almost nothing, then I'd wonder if they ever truly fixed it. If they can list a whole bunch of replaced parts then that'll give you an idea on how bad the Off was.

Was it reported to Insurance? Would be a pretty bad wreck if that was the case. What are the details of the wreck? And when did it happen? If it was recent and they guy is selling the bike now then I'll bet you anything he knows something about the accident damage that he's not letting on... http://www.dps.state.oh.us/OHCrashReports/

Fairings, like paint, can cover a multitude of sins. When you replace the cracked fairing are you going to discover a damaged frame?

Is there a police report on the accident? When and where did it happen? You can look up Ohio accident reports online. If he says it was just a little scuff but the police report says it had functional damage, then walk away.

Edited by Scruit