Family dog euthanized, wakes up hours later.

chevysoldier

is this rare? perhaps its more common than we think for the dogs to wake up....perhaps theyre often buried or cremated before the drugs wear off...i doubt most people have the dog put down, wrap it in a blanket, and let it sit in their garage over night....ide be interested in seeing them look into it a little more and see if perhaps, given time, more dogs awake from it

is this rare? perhaps its more common than we think for the dogs to wake up....perhaps theyre often buried or cremated before the drugs wear off...i doubt most people have the dog put down, wrap it in a blanket, and let it sit in their garage over night....ide be interested in seeing them look into it a little more and see if perhaps, given time, more dogs awake from it

Thanks for that little seed.

Thanks for that little seed.

Yeah, no kidding. I had visions of this happening to my dog now. We put her down, and after about a half hour of balling my eyes out, buried her in the back yard. I think any dogs I have down the road, I may just sit in the garage over night to be sure. This breaks my heart.

Thats messed up! I had a dog that had a stroke and was lame on the one side. It broke my heart to put him down. I don't think I would have been able to watch it be done a second time.

I don't know that I could do it a second time either. Would be way too tough. I'm sure someone will chime in with using a firearm, I'm not sure I could do that.

"We were told there would be no comment until it could be verified that it was Mia that survived the shots."

I can't imagine having to put a dog to sleep for the second time. I also can't imagine what this statement is implying... What if they put the WRONG rotty to sleep? I can't help but to see a family now pissed off because they brought their dog in for surgery and she was euthanized instead.

OR are they implying that Mia WAS given the shots, but the family was then given the WRONG dog at the end of the procedure. Hence, someone else's dog was in that garage.