Attn Geeks: For those who host servers/websites/etc

Casper

Colocation.

Would you pay $100/mo for 2U of rack space with a one year contract?

Would you be willing to prepay for the year, $800, saving you $400?

Would you be interested in leasing a 1U server (details below) for an additional $10/mo or $100/yr?

Dual Xeon 2.8GHz

4GB RAM

74GB HDD (minimum, could be more)

To put this into perspective, it's less than half the price of most colo services around Ohio.

More details please?

Are we talking co-hosting, for the sake of ohio-riders.com, or are we talking business level n+1 carrier neutral stuff here?

We're talking business level carrier neutral. 100% uptime. I'm thinking about leasing a whole rack. But I'd need others on board to make it worth my time.

okay... so how about this... I'll see your shenanigans and raise you a truth.

I have true 100% power/network/Air/Controls uptime from day 0 of our current DataCenter, as well 100% uptime on a few (not all) of my servers... and that is with a Microsoft Server OS... much less our Unix system...

The truth of the matter is that there isn't true 100% uptime from a single point standpoint, but that is what n+1 standards cover.... Redundancy at all points.

Anywho... back on topic...

Casper- I have a little more leg work to do, but I may be contacting you tomorrow....

We're using a co-lo right now for our company servers (read 1 Dell 2950 running ESX4). The company is called Expedient and they guarantee power, network, and cooling. I think you can pay them for some minimal server management also but we rarely have to go in for anything except swapping out external backup drives. We also have half a rack so there're LOTS of space.

Maybe we could sub-lease you a U1/2 spot and split the cost. :dunno:

Colocation.

Would you pay $100/mo for 2U of rack space with a one year contract?

Would you be willing to prepay for the year, $800, saving you $400?

Would you be interested in leasing a 1U server (details below) for an additional $10/mo or $100/yr?

Dual Xeon 2.8GHz

4GB RAM

74GB HDD (minimum, could be more)

To put this into perspective, it's less than half the price of most colo services around Ohio.

Im guessing your not leasing a dedicated sever...

Please send IP's of 100% uptime servers so that I can fix that for ya.. :)

Edited by flounder