Desperation is a stinky cologne...

CattaniAFJ

Look -- It's fine to debate politics and who took credit for what, etc. etc. -- but why do you title the threads with the title you chose? :rolleyes:

You really think it's THAT desperate that they took credit for $600M out of $4.4B? That's 14%.

Regardless... I really don't know what you're getting at? What are you exactly upset about, specifically? Because if it's the job creation, Bush can have those 50,000 jobs and he still loses in that department compared to the new administration. If its 'not giving credit where credit is due' -- ok, fine Bush can take credit for the TARP funds that were dispersed under his watch, even if it was only 14%. That still makes the other 86% under the current administration.

So, you'll have to explain what exactly is 'desperate' and you're upset about?

Edit: Ohh, and fail to you for not putting this in the 'Politics' Section....

Where's the Politics section? I didn't see one, so I used off-topic.

All I'm saying is that the approval rating is so low for Obama, that he is resorting to trying to take credit for things he didn't do, even though he has been very critical of Bush (and he should be, being in the opposite party).

I'm upset that there has been no real change and that these bogus campaign promises haven't come to pass, and that people still want to say he's a good president. That he is not.

• Upvote 1

He's better than Bush or McCain. "Good" is relative.

And I never heard Obama take credit for it... some lackeys in his office are -- Matt Rogers particularly. Does the boss have to take the onus for all his employees slight missteps? I'm not defending that the issue could've been disclosed and communicated more accurately, but how big of a deal do you want to make this?

And approval ratings for Obama might be low, but Republicans are lower.

Americans distrust the GOP. So why are they voting for it?

And you're telling me you couldn't find the Politics section on this page? :wtf:

http://www.ohio-riders.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48

Edited by JRMMiii

Just being as critical of the Dems in power now as the Dems were of the Bush administration.

That's all fine and dandy -- I'm all for stirring the pot, but why'd you choose the title? Not only does it show your emotion is on your sleeve, but how is anyone supposed to remember this thread with that title is related to wind turbines, green energy.

It just makes it hard to search and find later. That's really my biggest gripe -- which in the grand scheme is.... meh.

The secondary one, much much farther down on the list, is being overly critical of this relatively minor issue. This really isn't a "smoking gun" and the article just talks about when the funds were dispersed, not when the legislation passed.

Guess I didn't look hard enough, my bad.

Just being as critical of the Dems in power now as the Dems were of the Bush administration.

The Dems weren't critical enough. Fucktard got us embroiled in the wrong war in the wrong area over wrong information. That's the credit that Bush can have.

That's all fine and dandy -- I'm all for stirring the pot, but why'd you choose the title? Not only does it show your emotion is on your sleeve, but how is anyone supposed to remember this thread with that title is related to wind turbines, green energy.

It just makes it hard to search and find later. That's really my biggest gripe -- which in the grand scheme is.... meh.

The secondary one, much much farther down on the list, is being overly critical of this relatively minor issue. This really isn't a "smoking gun" and the article just talks about when the funds were dispersed, not when the legislation passed.

Eh, it was just to stir the pot really. I jump on doing that when it comes to Obama every chance I get.

This may be a relatively small issue, but it is combined with a lot of others, which makes it a bigger issue.

I'm really just being a dick because everyone made BHO out to be the savior of this country, and he's actually going to cost Democrats seats in Congress. He's never had a fair chance with me, and that's a fact I will admit to anyone...Its just nice to know that he wouldn't have converted anyway.

All I'm saying is that the approval rating is so low for Obama, that he is resorting to trying to take credit for things he didn't do, even though he has been very critical of Bush (and he should be, being in the opposite party).

This is the big picture problem.

He should be critical of Bush because he is in the opposite party? [off topic]Not because he destroyed the constitution, and lied to the public?[/off topic] Anyway, thats a stupid thing to say. We all want the best for our country. Dems and republicans have flip flopped on issues several times, because once they agree on a particular topic some jackass decides it'll be cool to "go against the flow" to distance themselves from the "OTHER PARTY" OMFGFTW!!! Its stupid.

Edited by wrillo
I need to stop using retarded where I mean stupid

This is the big picture problem.

He should be critical of Bush because he is in the opposite party? [off topic]Not because he destroyed the constitution, and lied to the public?[/off topic] Anyway, thats a stupid thing to say. We all want the best for our country. Dems and republicans have flip flopped on issues several times, because once they agree on a particular topic some jackass decides it'll be cool to "go against the flow" to distance themselves from the "OTHER PARTY" OMFGFTW!!! Its stupid.

It has nothing to do with party membership, but the opposing views of the other party. It was a shorter way to say, "He had different views and stances on the things than I do, therefore, I disagree with him and will nit-pick what I can because 'I can do it better.'"

Damn, I didn't think it was difficult to follow that line of thinking, but I guess I was wrong. You voted Democrat, didn't you?

I could almost swear I voted Dems into the House in 2006 to put a stop to his bullshit. Nice job dropping the ball... all the way around.

Also' date=' I thought the UN told Bush there were WMDs in Iraq? :confused:[/quote']

Picked over British intel, that wasn't solid. Also, it was Colin Powell who tried to sell that sack of turd to the UN...

I'm really just being a dick because everyone made BHO out to be the savior of this country, and he's actually going to cost Democrats seats in Congress. He's never had a fair chance with me, and that's a fact I will admit to anyone...Its just nice to know that he wouldn't have converted anyway.

"Everyone" didn't make "BHO" - HEY GUYS!! DON'T FORGET THAT HIS MIDDLE NAME IS HUSSEIN!! - out to the "savior" of the country. The Republicans did that. And it was genius, too.

In fact, McCain ran campaign ads subtly comparing Obama to Christ (as did a number of other Republican organizations). It was a brilliant campaign, intended to not just help McCain, but to set the groundwork for the 2010 election in the event that Obama won the election. Now the Republicans, having convinced half of American that Obama was supposed to be a messiah, can sit back and say "HEY! We told you so! Put us back in Congress!"

Certainly, there are Democrats who made a comparison - Steve Cohen comes to mind, pointing out that both Obama and Christ were community organizers - but you couldn't turn on Fox News without hearing Hannity say something about it, and McCain pushed a huge ad campaign making the comparison.

It's pretty much the same thing they did with health care reform - talk about how much it will suck, then refuse to compromise to the point where anything that was good about it has been completely removed, and what finally passes is something no one wants then tell the country "Look! We were right! It sucks! We told you!" It's rather brilliant campaigning if you ask me.

I'm really just being a dick because everyone made BHO out to be the savior of this country,

people who think the republicans are going to swoop in and fix everything are just as foolish.

the sad fact of the matter is that BOTH parties are terrible. NEITHER of them care about the people. unless you make billions of dollars or are the CEO of a major corporation. then they love you. otherwise, they could give two fucks about any of us. the only thing they care about is getting in power and staying there as long as they can.

people who think the republicans are going to swoop in and fix everything are just as foolish.

the sad fact of the matter is that BOTH parties are terrible. NEITHER of them care about the people. unless you make billions of dollars or are the CEO of a major corporation. then they love you. otherwise, they could give two fucks about any of us. the only thing they care about is getting in power and staying there as long as they can.

right, so vote Libertarian.