Machinist opening

Anden

Nice company from what I see on their website. I've currently been trained on manual lathe, mill, and Haas CNC's at Sinclair. In January I will begin programming classes and there are a few of them before I hit the job market.

Edited by NinjaNick

If you work there they will pay for your school on a grade based curve. Also they are pretty flexible with school schedules. On top of that you may be able to get out of taking some of the prerequisite classes since you also work in the same indusrty your going to school for.

Down side is everyone on night shift is a moron.:D

mmmm, i should consider it considering i already work 3rd. Im more in engineering, but i have been trained in machine tools, i know the manuel lathe and a mill. If they need help with autocad or inventor software im a pro at that...

I need to refresh my skillz on that! I really loved it when I did that stuff! It's been over 8 years since I've messed with any CAD/design software.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love it. So far here is what I can do...

Experienced with trouble-shooting, lean manufacturing, basic setup/operation of CNC mills and lathes, tool setup, work offsets, editing programs, calculating speeds/feeds, and proficient in all measurement devices including verniers. January I will start learning to create programs as well.

I'm reliable too. I have near 10 years at my current employer.

Let me know if you guys are willing to show me the horizontal boring mill. I have a resume ready and I'm a fast learner. :dunno::cheers:

Edited by NinjaNick

The position would be the on the mill i run but on nights. I would go ahead and turn in your resume and fill out an app. Sounds like you would fit the bill. Here is a pic of the actual mill. Was looking just for a stock photo on Google but actually found my home away from home.

picture.php?albumid=997&pictureid=12755