CBR250r coming to the US for 2011

jermattak

Meh... Now if it were a twin and looked like a CBR and not the VFR, maybe.

I'd like to see it in another color before I make a final.

Small cc bikes are gonna kick some ass in years to come. Lookie what we got coming:

125duke90li01.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dressed to impress:

125dukepporange01.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Not sure yet we are bringing these in yet. Would be great for college kids, new riders and urban folks...

that def tops the cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a shame that in this country we mis-label so many things . Instead of calling a repli-racer a "high-performance machine", we call everything else "beginner bikes". A comfortable bike that gets 60+ MPG and goes 90+MPH seems like a good idea.

Edited by C-bus

:wtf: Must be going downhill, with a nice tail wind, with a couple miles to get wound out! :lol: Mine will do 90-95 pushing it. It will get to 85-90 reasonably quick, but much over that and it's like filpping a switch to keep it from accelerating any more!

Ok ok, 95 and 67. Sheeeezz.;)

Iceman the ktm looks baller but I bet it will be twice the price of the ninja 250r. I would be shocked if the ktm has a price under $6000. Bet the honda is gonna be pricey also.

While searching for the Duke 690R price, I found this. lol pwnt.

ktm690_Duke.jpg

It's ~$4500 new for a Ninja 250R. I could see the upscale Honda and KTM asking $5-6k and still be competitive in the market.

The little Ceeber is nice looking, but why a 250cc single? My gf's Nighthawk 250 (twin) tops out around 75-80 mph. I wonder what the top speed will be? 65-70?

Your GF's Nighthawk makes 19.3 HP/14.4 TQ.

A Ninja 250R makes 30 HP/ 14 TQ.

Considering the Ninja is the CBR's prime competition, I'd expect somewhere just above that. Maybe 35/16. It's also rated 20 lbs lighter than the Ninja. Should be good for ~110 mph if you really really wring it out.

This is a 125cc single that makes 35 HP and does just over 100 mph. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft36KInZzdU

Edited by RSVDon

Considering the Ninja is the CBR's prime competition, I'd expect somewhere just above that. Maybe 35/16. It's also rated 20 lbs lighter than the Ninja. Should be good for ~110 mph if you really really wring it out.

Those HP/TQ numbers are so low they are crazy.:eek: Damn.

2-stroker? Pretty sweet little bikes. Not street -legal, I believe.

In terms of styling, the new CBR250R is a mini-VFR1200F and works surprisingly well. It’s compact, thoroughly modern, neat and unfussy – we think it’s not bad at all. The engine is a fuel-injected, liquid-cooled, 249cc single-cylinder unit with a four-valve DOHC cylinder head. It produces 26 horsepower and 23Nm of torque, which is not too bad at all.

--------not clear if this is at the crank or at the rear wheel.

I saw one article from India that said it would be produced in India.

so I wonder where else it will be manufactured, or will they be exports from India.

I've had bunches of small displacement bikes. Hard to beat around town.

Or should I say you can beat the hell out of them around town.

I would speculate that it's a 250cc SINGLE because Honda will be competing in Moto3 next year.

the 125cc two-strokes are being replaced by 250cc single-cylinder four-strokes.

I can't remember where I read it, but Honda (allegedly) crammed a 250 single into one of their 125cc GP bike frames, and shaved 2 seconds off the lap time at their test track.