might be looking for a job soon.

cOoTeR

Here are the qualifications for some jobs the are open at AT&T in Columbus.

In addition to STRONG communication skills, our Premises Technicians must have the following:

• Valid state drivers license and non-negligent driving record
  • Meet 285lbs weight limit due to safety restrictions
  • Ability to lift and move up to 80lbs
  • Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
  • Satisfactory results from a background/employment history investigation and drug screening
  • Qualification on pre-employment screening:

Technical/Mechanical Test - Field II (TMT-F II)

Customer Service Assessment - Field (CSA-F)

Test study guides can be found at www.att.jobs/tips .

I've worked food service for 9 years. Done a little over a year at worthington steel. A year as a test driver (great job pay sucked). I've been working security / law enforcement for the state for four years.

check out corrections...

I worked at Corrections Medical Center for about 5 months(just left last week) and the Correction Officers there and prison all have high school educations and they start off at 16.35 an hour I think. I know the Medical Center is CAAAKKEEE!!!!! most sit and sleep. Lots of overtime available too. Just take a test and then wait for a position to open. just google ohio jobs and search for corrections

Check out highway technician starts at 15.50...

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/ohio/default.cfm?action=jobs&sortBy=CLASSIFICATION&sortByASC=ASC&bHideSearchBox=1&PROMOTIONALJOBS=0&SEARCHAPPLIED=1&TRANSFER=0

Edit** just look at that link that is usually where the correctional positions are posted too

Edited by Mykill

check out corrections...

I worked at Corrections Medical Center for about 5 months(just left last week) and the Correction Officers there and prison all have high school educations and they start off at 16.35 an hour I think. I know the Medical Center is CAAAKKEEE!!!!! most sit and sleep. Lots of overtime available too. Just take a test and then wait for a position to open. just google ohio jobs and search for corrections

Check out highway technician starts at 15.50...

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/ohio/default.cfm?action=jobs&sortBy=CLASSIFICATION&sortByASC=ASC&bHideSearchBox=1&PROMOTIONALJOBS=0&SEARCHAPPLIED=1&TRANSFER=0

Edit** just look at that link that is usually where the correctional positions are posted too

I've worked for the odrc for 4+ years apparently you haven't heard that they may be privatizing. In doing so they will cut pay by almost half. The Ohio pers retirement system is going to get screwed.

:stirpot:

Everything that the politicians said they will do, will be done right away, and without contest. :rolleyes:

I agree with Pauly, moar feer! :nono:

I can understand being prepred, though. It might be a better idea to just build some savings to have to fall back on when you're sure that you'll HAVE to be looking for a job. I have had people tell me over the years that you need to always keep your resume up to date (and watching for something better.)

Edited by jporter12

Well I'm going to call an air force recruiter tomorrow. Talked to the g/f about it and she seems semi ok with it. Lately that's been the main reason I have been hesitant in leaving my current employment to enlist. I'm really interested in the aero medical services.

The service is an awesome way to go. Just make sure they put you in as an E-2 or E-3. Don't get the shaft like I did and get in as an E-1. It takes nine months to go from an E-1 to an E-2.

2010 Military Pay Chart

http://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/militarypaytables.html

Active duty is on the 1st page while Reserve drilling pay is on the 13th page.

This is all based on "basic pay". There are other pay bonuses if you qualify for them.

I had no idea how under-paid I am for my level of education.

fuck college - i should have worked at DHL...

Keep in mind man...I came in as a part time guy at the ground level making $10.50/hr when mortgages sucked. I got promoted to Team Lead in about a month or so when the Operations Manager got a hold of my resume (I had previous Asst. GM experience). After about another 2-3 months, I took over the Inbound department as Supervisor when I got to that amount of money. I had anywhere from 80-125 direct reports to me, so in reality, regardless of my education level, I was underpaid as fuck. The average salary for Warehouse Supervisors is about $65k/yr. I worked my ass off and proved myself to get that...I didn't just walk into it.

If you REALLY want to make money and get paid whatever you're actually worth, get into sales where it is 100% commission. If you're worth $15k this month, that's what you get paid....if you're worth $1500 this month, that's what you get paid. Its the best thing I've ever done. No one is going to tell me what I'm worth.

Edited by CattaniAFJ

I hate sales... a lot of people love it though the only problem with being in sales w/o a degree is if you want to get out of it and move to a managerial positions you could eventually hit a ceiling. Just my $0.02 if I could do it all again I would have gone to the Marines for 4 years left gone to college for free called it a day.

I hate sales... a lot of people love it though the only problem with being in sales w/o a degree is if you want to get out of it and move to a managerial positions you could eventually hit a ceiling. Just my $0.02 if I could do it all again I would have gone to the Marines for 4 years left gone to college for free called it a day.

I had some "light management" experience before I got into sales...then was AGM for a sales company in Knoxville, TN and then got back into a salaried position w/ DHL...now I'm doing mortgage loans and loving sales again. I hate salary.