soda stream

kawi kid

My cousin has the penguin and I used it extensively while visiting a couple weeks ago. I only used it to make seltzer water and it's fantastic. I'm not a big soda drinker so I didn't try any of the flavors, but my guess is the energy drink will fall flat compared to redbull.

The other thing is the replacement CO2 cartridges are expensive to replace. When you factor that into the price of the unit it's really not that cheap. Well, maybe for energy drinks that are $2 apiece, but not for sodas or seltzer. There's a company that makes a valve you can put on the cartridge that allows you to refill it at a paintball shop or industrial gas store at a fraction of the cost of a new cartridge. If I were to get a sodastream this is the route I'd go.

http://co2doctor.com/

• 1 month later...

Anyone else get one for x-mas? I got one and love it. The only thing that I have tried so far is the Pete's Choice (Dr. Pepper) and I was pretty impressed. I didn't have quite enough carbonization in the first batch but I've been reading some reviews and tips and i'm going to try it again tonight.

Anyone else get one for x-mas? I got one and love it. The only thing that I have tried so far is the Pete's Choice (Dr. Pepper) and I was pretty impressed. I didn't have quite enough carbonization in the first batch but I've been reading some reviews and tips and i'm going to try it again tonight.

you know you can buy a 2 liter for about $1, right ?

when are you having your homemade soda party?

I told Kristen about that "roll your own tampons at home kit" you got Brittany for Christmas and she said she would pass

I'd rep you for this, but the skippy rule said no, since I (ab)used my rep in the trailer thread...

i have one, i wanted it mostly for the energy drink flavor cause those motherfuckers are expensive. the cola is like a mix between coke and pepsi, the dr. pepper flavor is good too. the energy drink flavor is near identical to red bull. 4.99 makes 23 liters of it too!

i have one, i wanted it mostly for the energy drink flavor cause those motherfuckers are expensive. the cola is like a mix between coke and pepsi, the dr. pepper flavor is good too. the energy drink flavor is near identical to red bull. 4.99 makes 23 liters of it too!

I tried the energy drink last night and I couldn't tell the difference from real redbull.