soda stream

kawi kid

I have one and love it. And if you decide you want the real pepsi or coke or mt dew just buy the syrup off ebay. 1 gallon bag will last about 6 months to a year http://cgi.ebay.com/MELLO-YELLO-SODA-SYRUP-CONCENTRATE-5-GALLON-BAG-BOX-/170565873586?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b684afb2

I have one and love it. And if you decide you want the real pepsi or coke or mt dew just buy the syrup off ebay. 1 gallon bag will last about 6 months to a year MELLO YELLO SODA SYRUP CONCENTRATE 5 GALLON BAG IN BOX - eBay (item 170565873586 end time Jan-12-11 11:53:09 PST)

I didn't realize that would work! DUH!

The biggest problem I would have with it is that our well water is terrible. I'd have to try it out first to see if it affects the taste.

they have a coke zero flavor, and the sodastream syrup is 5 bucks for 23 liters. of course you need to factor in canister changes, but its not bad. plus no high fructose corn syrup either and low sodium.

like i said, for me the energy drink makes it worth it. red bull is 1.75 for 8.4oz

I tried a one of the Brita filters that goes on the faucet, and it didn't work very well. I'm thinking about getting a RO unit.

I don't drink tap water just cause it's nasty. We do bottled water and we have one of those water machines. It's like 2 dollars to refill 5 gallons at Kroger.

We really should get a bottled water cooler, instead of buying the small bottles.

I have no problem with most city water, but our well water is terrible! When I change out the pre-filter for the softener, it's always BLACK! And without the softener, the water is orange! YUCK!

We really should get a bottled water cooler, instead of buying the small bottles.

I have no problem with most city water, but our well water is terrible! When I change out the pre-filter for the softener, it's always BLACK! And without the softener, the water is orange! YUCK!

That is nasty... City water may look better, but it sure don't taste any better then your well water...

The start up cost for the bottle water cooler is not too bad. I paid $150 for the cooler and $15 for the bottle, but it's mine to keep. There are companies that deliver it, but you have to get a certain amount a month and it can get costly but it all depends on how much you drink I guess.

Edited by |SnOmAn|

That is nasty... City water may look better, but it sure don't taste any better then your well water...

The start up cost for the bottle water cooler is not too bad. I paid $150 for the cooler and $15 for the bottle, but it's mine to keep. There are companies that deliver it, but you have to get a certain amount a month and it can get costly but it all depends on how much you drink I guess.

I used to build water coolers! I spent 9-1/2 years with that company. I should have kept the cooler that I had.

One down side to bottled water, and well water is that they don't have any flouride in them. My dentist's office recommends a flouride rinse to those that use bottled water, or well water. It's lik $11+ a bottle, too!

One down side to bottled water, and well water is that they don't have any flouride in them. My dentist's office recommends a flouride rinse to those that use bottled water, or well water. It's lik $11+ a bottle, too!

When I was a teen i had to brush with floride stuff, then swish it. That stuff was nasty. I think that is what it was. My gums were too weak or something like that. Whatever...

i want some of the shit youre smoking...i can drink city water outta the tap all day, but a small glass of well water makes me wanna puke it back up...i hate hate hate well water...if i shower in a house with well water, i feel dirtier coming out than i did going in...the smell is horrific, and the taste makes me wanna puke

i want some of the shit youre smoking...i can drink city water outta the tap all day, but a small glass of well water makes me wanna puke it back up...i hate hate hate well water...if i shower in a house with well water, i feel dirtier coming out than i did going in...the smell is horrific, and the taste makes me wanna puke

:lol: I meant it as stating that city water sucks as well. I have had well water once and felt sick the whole day. It smelled and tasted like rotten milk! My bad....

:lol: I meant it as stating that city water sucks as well. I have had well water once and felt sick the whole day. It smelled and tasted like rotten milk! My bad....

oh ok... yea i agree - city water sucks too...i will drink outta the hose if im out washing the truck and get thirsty, but i usually drink outta the fridge water dispenser thats filtered lol...i can drink city water without thinking its disgusting, but its def not the best water ever...if its all i had, ide drink it....well water is the exact opposite lol

we went to hocking hills and stopped at jimbos one day when it was real hot....sat down and completely forget i was in the middle of nowhere...ordered some water and got a nice glass of ice water and thought "sweet" then i drank it and bleh i felt bad lol...had to order a mtn dew to wash it down...

my fiance has well water at her place and i cant stand it....fuck that...they drink bottled water though, but brushing my teeth there and showering there etc, is gross

My dads place in Amanda has the best water I've ever had and its well water. It all depends on the area, well depth etc. Ours was 260' deep through sandstone. They bottle it down the road and sell it to you city slickers.

BTW, almost all water, bottled or city treated, comes from a well. If your water quality is shit and you dont treat it, it will look, smell and taste like shit.

My dads place in Amanda has the best water I've ever had and its well water. It all depends on the area, well depth etc. Ours was 260' deep through sandstone. They bottle it down the road and sell it to you city slickers.

BTW, almost all water, bottled or city treated, comes from a well. If your water quality is shit and you dont treat it, it will look, smell and taste like shit.

my girls family has a full system for softening and treating it etc and its still nasty

and my city water doesnt come from a well - whenever i take a shit and flush my toilet, it runs into the sewer and runs to a water treatment plant, and then they recycle it and let me drink it again :lol:

my girls dad calls city water "shitty water" for that reason

my girls family has a full system for softening and treating it etc and its still nasty

and my city water doesnt come from a well - whenever i take a shit and flush my toilet, it runs into the sewer and runs to a water treatment plant, and then they recycle it and let me drink it again :lol:

my girls dad calls city water "shitty water" for that reason

Just because they have "a full system" doesnt mean it treats their water correctly. Most of the people that sell that shit are as knowledgeable as used car salesmen. And yeah, your city water comes from a well. Blacklick doesnt have a hose siphoning water off the creek that the sewage dept. is pumping its "reclaimed" water into.

Just because they have "a full system" doesnt mean it treats their water correctly. Most of the people that sell that shit are as knowledgeable as used car salesmen. And yeah, your city water comes from a well. Blacklick doesnt have a hose siphoning water off the creek that the sewage dept. is pumping its "reclaimed" water into.

my girls dad has been doing plumbing and sewer work for years...he knows how the systems work and has more knowledge about them than a lot of people do...doesnt change the fact that theyre water tastes and smells awful...like you said, must depend on the area, because nobody would ever buy their water in a bottle

and as far as water goes - all i know is that we have city water tapped off of a main pipe, just like in columbus or anywhere else with city water....our water comes from a water treatment plant - where the plant gets the water, doesnt matter to me....

and honestly, i meant it as a joke, i do realize most water does in fact come from the ground, guess i should have used MOAR smileys

I have a good friend who has been doing well repair for 30 years. He also does water treatment. Its a science figuring out what is wrong with your water and making it right. It honestly takes more than a knowledge of plumbing to know how to properly treat water to remove impurities and correct taste. It all starts with testing samples. If you want his information, let me know. I have seen him fix some nasty water situations.

I have a good friend who has been doing well repair for 30 years. He also does water treatment. Its a science figuring out what is wrong with your water and making it right. It honestly takes more than a knowledge of plumbing to know how to properly treat water to remove impurities and correct taste. It all starts with testing samples. If you want his information, let me know. I have seen him fix some nasty water situations.

appreciate it - but i dont live there, and somehow, the water doesnt bother them...guess im just spoiled by my unscented city water...they wont drink the stuff either, but they cook with it, fill their pool with it, shower in it, etc and never complain lol

maybe we just have a different definition of "nasty".... their water does not taste good enough to drink. could it possibly be filtered better etc? absolutely, as you pointed out, even city water was in the ground at some point.

but they do have a full system in place to treat their water and soften it so its usable - for washing white clothing, not turning the toilets orange, etc

The place I lived about 10 years ago had amazing water, right out of the well. The place was on the side of a huge hill, and the water was naturally filtered by the time it got to where it was being pumped from.