Where To Have a Quality Car Alarm Installed

BadTrainDriver

This morning at 4AM I'm awakened by the Dublin Police...

Some low life motherfucking bastard smashed in my driver side window on my WRX...stole my wallet(only $6 in it and a couple cards)...rummaged through my car(nothing else of value in it)...took my Owner Manual, and proceeded to leave the door of my car open. Upon finding nothing of value in the Owners Manual booklet keeper, they ditched it on Emerald Parkway. A driver spotted the books...gathered them up, saw my name and address, and called the cops.

So...I want some type of alarm.

Nothing super fancy...just dependable, reliable, and most importantly...I want someone who's trustworthy to work on my car.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

BTD.

Anything valuable and in sight in a car is going to attract attention. An alarm won't change that. They may have less time to root around, but it won't stop the smash and grab. Sorry for what happened to you, but I think not leaving valuables in plain sight is better and cheaper than a car alarm.

You may even know the person.

I highly recommend a Viper, or Clifford, both are made by Directed Electronics. I don't know for sure who sells them, and they don't sell them to be installed as a DIY. The shop I used to deal with was bought by Columbus Car Audio when the owners retired, and I don't have any personal experience with them.

I've had Viper in my last 2 or 3 rides (not the current one though)...and I have no complaints. Like said above, the installer is the most important piece of the puzzle, and I would only let 1 person touch my cars.

I installed my own, although Directed frowns on that. Viper alarms ARE out there on ebay, but I doubt you would get any warranty support should the need arise.

This all reminds me that I need to finish installing mine, so that I can re-program the remot and use it again! Long story, but being a Chrysler, there are a few things that I didn't do when I put it in, and now the system is dead, until I do them.