Song name on radio showing adverts?

Scruit

So I'm renting a new Chevy Cobalt while my cage is at the bodyshop. ASs I was driving home today I noticed that 99.7 The Blitz was using the song name feature to run adverts for Ricart.

WTF? When did this happen. I had to turn the station off because seeing "NEW 2010 NISSANS AT RICART" flash up on the screen every 3 seconds was distracting. :mad:

:nono: Ricart has been doing this on many stations in the area, even ones that you don't hear commercials for them on. I hit display button in the wife's cage and it will move on, usually.

And then it comes back a few seconds later.

I can't turn the RDS off in this car. I'll just not listen to the blitz.

RDS has been used for many many years in teh UK. I had an RDS radio back in the early 90s. However the messages cannot scroll etc by law due to distraction, so you just get the station name.

I've caught myself looking at the RDS data for the song name, then looking back at it repeatedly waiting for it to update with the artist name. Then I realize I've spend 10 seconds lookin at the radio nore than the road. That scrolling data system is waaay too distracting. Add advertising into there and it's just sickening.

And then it comes back a few seconds later.

I can't turn the RDS off in this car. I'll just not listen to the blitz.

RDS has been used for many many years in teh UK. I had an RDS radio back in the early 90s. However the messages cannot scroll etc by law due to distraction, so you just get the station name.

I've caught myself looking at the RDS data for the song name, then looking back at it repeatedly waiting for it to update with the artist name. Then I realize I've spend 10 seconds lookin at the radio nore than the road. That scrolling data system is waaay too distracting. Add advertising into there and it's just sickening.

My several year old Alpine scrolls the CD text. :dunno:

I get ya on looking back and forth waiting for the next chunk of data to come up though!