Off Duty Cop shoot thug stealing his bike

BiggO

Good for the cop, he worked hard to pay for his GSXR..he should have the right to defend it from some no-load piece of shit thinking he deserves it more than the guy who bought it. You couldn't pay me enough to live in that shit hole city.

the only thing i dislike about this whole incident, is that they did not find a weapon on the guy who got shot.

this cop is getting away with shooting the guy, who was potentially unarmed, all for trying to steal his bike.

i agree the guy deserved to get shot, dont get me wrong...but if any one of us would walk outside with a gun and chase down someone who was stealing our bike, and shoot them, we would be in jail for a long long time.... "was your life in danger?" "why didnt you stay inside the house and call the police?" etc etc etc..

i think its great the robber got shot - fuck him.....but i think its a crock of shit that the cop is in no trouble at all, yet if we were to do this EXACT same thing, we would be in jail on attempted murder charges. and probably have a fat civil suit filed against us by the robber - ultimately having to sell the bike anyways just to pay for the legal battle

the cop was off duty, there is no sign that his life was in any immediate danger, the perp was unarmed and no gun was turned up at the scene...i understand even while off duty he was doing his part as a cop to stop the robbery - but to what extent?

all i see here is another cop getting away with stuff that the average citizen cant....a cop is allowed to shoot someone to protect his property, but nobody else is. bullshit.

Edited by Steve Butters

Tbutera makes a good point...but I don't think anyone here knows off the top of their head what NY's gun laws are. I'm not going to do the research, someone else can. It might be different there than here in Ohio. You might want to find that out first before passing judgement on the cop.

I reflected on the avg. person vs. cop after I read the article last night, but I think this one sentence will absolve the cop or the ordinary citizen.

Welcome "made some motion toward the cop and the cop lit him up," a police sources said.

Right there, Mr. prosecutor, was when I feared for my life. The suspect already noted his intentions were less than benevolent when he said "F--- this police s---" and when he came at me, it appeared he may've had a weapon and my life was in danger.

I'll tell you all this...

I specifically asked the Dublin cop who responded to my car break in incident the other night what would have happened if I shot the person breaking into my car.

She said, and I quote, "You'd be under arrest right now". "If they were in your Condo...shoot away. In you car, nope".

That's BULLSHIT!!!

BTD.

I'll tell you all this...

I specifically asked the Dublin cop who responded to my car break in incident the other night what would have happened if I shot the person breaking into my car.

She said, and I quote, "You'd be under arrest right now". "If they were in your Condo...shoot away. In you car, nope".

That's BULLSHIT!!!

BTD.

Shoot him in the car....then pick his ass up and put him in your house... :lol:

OK first it will most likely be welcomes arse on the line for firing on him outside his home. Two the shit wad is still breathing! with 9 prior arrest.

Welcome deserves time off, only to go the range daily and become a better shot, so next time (and there will obviously be a next time) he can best the melon instead of trying to break the vine!

:killerkenny:

Get well soon criminal, give the cop another chance to smoke you!

:getwell:

the only thing i dislike about this whole incident, is that they did not find a weapon on the guy who got shot.

this cop is getting away with shooting the guy, who was potentially unarmed, all for trying to steal his bike.

i agree the guy deserved to get shot, dont get me wrong...but if any one of us would walk outside with a gun and chase down someone who was stealing our bike, and shoot them, we would be in jail for a long long time.... "was your life in danger?" "why didnt you stay inside the house and call the police?" etc etc etc..

i think its great the robber got shot - fuck him.....but i think its a crock of shit that the cop is in no trouble at all, yet if we were to do this EXACT same thing, we would be in jail on attempted murder charges. and probably have a fat civil suit filed against us by the robber - ultimately having to sell the bike anyways just to pay for the legal battle

the cop was off duty, there is no sign that his life was in any immediate danger, the perp was unarmed and no gun was turned up at the scene...i understand even while off duty he was doing his part as a cop to stop the robbery - but to what extent?

all i see here is another cop getting away with stuff that the average citizen cant....a cop is allowed to shoot someone to protect his property, but nobody else is. bullshit.

I am not taking a side, because I wasn't there. However, just because there was not a gun found does not mean that there was not a gun. One thing that I have learned is that thugs in some areas are very good about covering for each other. In the area where I work, thugs do a great job of making evidence disappear. The thugs all know where each other is, and when one gets chased, another follows at a close distance and grabs whatever is dumped (guns, dope, etc.), then when officers catch the bad guy, there is no evidence that they ever had anything. In this case, there were 2 working together. One got away, and one got shot. It is very POSSIBLE that the one that ran came back and grabbed the gun before ducking into an open building. Now it looks like the cop shot an unarmed man. I don't know if this is what happened, but it is very possible.

• 2 weeks later...

the thing is that he is a cop, announced himself as a cop. Civilian laws do not apply most of the time when it is an off-duty cop who is doing his sworn duty to serve and protect the community, even if it is his own property that is being taken.

Here in Texas, it is perfectly legal to use deadly force to protect self, others, and property.