Bodies of the three missing from Mt Vernon found...

Casper

Article says the womans, sons, uncle told him?? Too many people saying stuff so until the police release it, I dont hold much faith in the news article.

Unfortunately I doubt they will be found alive at this point but that article has to many he said, she said in it for me.

:nono::(:mad:

http://www.dispatch.com/local_news/stories/2010/11/18/1-searchers-fan-out-in-knox-county.html

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio -- The bodies of two missing women and an 11-year-old boy have been found after more than a week of non-stop searches of the Knox County countryside.

The bodies were found in the North Branch Kokosing wilderness area. They were discovered in the northeast part of the county not far from the Apple Valley home from which the people disappeared, sources reported this afternoon.

Sheriff David B. Barber planned a 4 p.m. press conference at the sheriff's office. Authorities did not immediately confirm the reports that the bodies had been discovered.

Tina Herrmann, 32; her 11-year-old son, Kody Maynard; and family friend Stephanie Sprang, 41, disappeared a week ago yesterday, along with Sarah Maynard, 13.

The discovery of the bodies confirmed investigators' worst fears, which grew by the day, that the three had been killed.

Sarah Maynard was found bound Sunday in the basement of the Columbus Road home of suspect Matthew J. Hoffman. He is charged with kidnapping and was being held under $1 million bond. Sarah was reunited with her father.

The discovery of the bodies came as 300 and 400 people assembled near the sheriff's office near Mount Vernon this morning.

They met with Knox County Emergency Director Brian Hess, who dispatched them to the woods and fields in the county northeast of Columbus.

The volunteers were divided into nine teams, with most sent to the eastern portion of the county in the Apple Valley and Gambier areas.

Hess said the sheriff's office requested the assistance to better organize volunteer searchers who had been striking out on their own. Today, search teams are following a grid pattern in hopes of finding evidence or bodies.

This morning's turnout "is a great testament of the people in Knox County," Hess said.

Article says the womans, sons, uncle told him?? Too many people saying stuff so until the police release it, I dont hold much faith in the news article.

Unfortunately I doubt they will be found alive at this point but that article has to many he said, she said in it for me.

The uncle is a retired cop. The crime scene was turned over to him. He is active in this investigation.

Maybe I missed this or maybe it wasn't released yet but how did the police come to find the 13yr old girl in the guys basement?

What led them to him? Did he have some kind of tie to the girl or family?

I was hoping too that the other people would be found alive. I don't know why people do what they do. I know we are supposed to follow innocent till provern guilty, but having a missing, tied up girl in your basement does not look good.

If this guy is guilty, i am thinking a cheese grater, salt and gallon of anti-freeze is a good start for this guy.

As a local resident, I can tell you this has really affected the community here. I worked in the news business for many years, and I've written about murders and horrible crimes and seen the aftermath and talked to the survivors, but I've never seen a small town (actually, a few small towns) so moved and affected as I have in this case. Every day, seeing the cars parked along the roads near my house, with people scouring cornfields and our local hiking trails, people floating down the Kokosing River in kayaks and canoes, searching and hoping. People using vaction time from work to go search the countryside for the missing. The impromptu memorials. I know, it's not like this is the first time something like this has happened. But I've lived in five U.S. states, one U.S. territory, one foreign country, done more than my share of traveling and lived quite a few years on this earth, now, but even in my years in the news business, I've never seen a reaction quite like this one. I know everyone always says you don't think it will happen to you, not here, not to us. But this was just a level of evilness people never could have imagined would spring up in their quiet little Ohio back yards. Sad times indeed here in Knox County. :(