Gsg 1911 .22lr

scottb

Ok, I gave up on the Glock 17 and will be picking up a 9mm FEG P9R ( Browning hi-power clone) Saturday.

So back to a .22LR target pistol, I have not heard much about GSG (German Sport Guns). They have a model called the GSG 1911, looks nice.

So, I am thinking in this order for a $300-ish .22LR pistol:

Buckmark Camper

Berretta Neos

and this GSG 1911.

If I had deeper pockets, i would get a Hammerili Trailside.

Has anyone owned or fired a GSG 1911?

Here is a link to a marketing video, as they claim "Hotties shooting GSG's"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_7ywoDaOFk

Two Hi-powers. Two beautifully blued pieces of art. Two of the shittiest, grittiest, triggers I've ever pulled. Take your time to dry-fire it a few times to make sure FEG worked out the kinks.

Edited by C-bus

I really like my P22 and most that have shot it went and bought one as well. I also think you are making a HUGE mistake getting that FEG instead of the G17. Quality, accuracy, reliability, weight, concealabilty, accessories.... those to are nowhere near equal or comparable.

I really like my P22 and most that have shot it went and bought one as well. I also think you are making a HUGE mistake getting that FEG instead of the G17. Quality, accuracy, reliability, weight, concealabilty, accessories.... those to are nowhere near equal or comparable.

+1

Just more to the point.

I have two Neos and they have never given me any problems at all. All of the Mark pistols are a design cluster fuck when it comes to disassembly. Go do a search on how to tear them down and you'll see what I mean. The Neos are by far WAY easier to take down and clean after your done plinking with them. A single captured screw will let you remove the barrel, slide, etc. If you could put Legos together you could clean this pistol. It shoots consistently and with good groups every time.

Thanks for all the replies. Confusing things for me, Vance outdoors has the XD M 9mm on sale for $529/.......local place has the same springfield for the low regular price of $725...ouch!! I could take a taxi cab to Columbus and still have money left over instead of buying local.

Good point on the Glock 17 and getting a 22LR conversion kit.

So, if i dont go with the glock, then i will look at the Buckmark and the Neos...

Thanks for all the replies. Confusing things for me, Vance outdoors has the XD M 9mm on sale for $529/.......local place has the same springfield for the low regular price of $725...ouch!! I could take a taxi cab to Columbus and still have money left over instead of buying local.

So, if i dont go with the glock, then i will look at the Buckmark and the Neos...

I love my XD, the M modle is over rated and over priced look at a standard XD. As far as price use Gunbroker and buy thru Woodbury in Coshocton then pick it up in person that will be the lowest price you'll find. XD that way is 369

Fin, Feather and Fur can compete with Vances on certain guns. Get on their site and you will drive about 40 mins from where you are. Don't disregard used guns either. Vances has used H&K in the $450s and up. Price for price, do you buy a new Accord or a used Lexus. Won't go wrong with either.

All of the Mark pistols are a design cluster fuck when it comes to disassembly. Go do a search on how to tear them down and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah, they are tricky to tear down but it's a non-issue once you've done it a few times. Just read the directions and think it through.

However, with the accuracy and reliability of my 22/45 I wouldn't care if it took twice as long.

I'm looking to pick up the tactical gsg 1911 to run as a suppressor host. If I don't like it I'll be going Tacical Solutions 1911 22 threaded upper on an RIA 1911 frame or something of that sort.

Blah blah blah.. Send your paperwork in and you can post again in 6 months.. hahahah

Form 1 approved in 30 days.. BEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTCCCCCCHHHHHHHH :D

Is that the 22 glock clone? If so I've not heard great reviews. Tactical solutions has a glock 22 conversion coming out that will no doubt be pretty awesome. I hear the Advantage Arms ones are ok.

My Forms are still approved and your waiting. hahahaha. Sorry, had to because of the Midway email. FU, I just placed an order for the pro mat and competition bag. I hate you .. DICK.