Ok, Who's the Idiot?

flounder

Even after 130 posts, I still don't see the problem. No way is a slow scooter in the snow a danger to other drivers unless they aren't paying attention, not giving adequate distance, etc. How does this effect you, your travels, your safety, etc? He could argue that in your truck, you will take a longer amount of time to stop than he will, making driving in your truck in the snow MORE unsafe than riding a scooter in the snow. Add to that the fact you were taking pictures while driving. That's obviously a distraction. You did not have both hands on the steering wheel, nor were you paying attention to the road. I just have no idea how this has actually become a debate. The guy was riding a scooter in the snow. So what?

Even after 130 posts, I still don't see the problem. No way is a slow scooter in the snow a danger to other drivers unless they aren't paying attention, not giving adequate distance, etc. How does this effect you, your travels, your safety, etc? He could argue that in your truck, you will take a longer amount of time to stop than he will, making driving in your truck in the snow MORE unsafe than riding a scooter in the snow. Add to that the fact you were taking pictures while driving. That's obviously a distraction. You did not have both hands on the steering wheel, nor were you paying attention to the road. I just have no idea how this has actually become a debate. The guy was riding a scooter in the snow. So what?

Yeah ben, we got to that point. You dont see a problem, covered that one as well. Youre late to the party on this one. Catch ya next time I piss people off.

Solution has been to agree to disagree.

• Upvote 1

But he said it, not you. We accept what he says and many others. When you type it's is disregarded, overlooked, dismissed etc because you never really add anything useful and your humor usually misses it's mark, fail sauce really. ;)

You Fucker how is this ever going to get moved to R&R if you keep defending you stance with thought out replies.

Yeah, MT. How will it ever make it R&R with talk like that. :nono:

Yeah ben, we got to that point. You dont see a problem, covered that one as well. Youre late to the party on this one. Catch ya next time I piss people off.

Solution has been to agree to disagree.

I was post number 2 amigo. Not late to any party, simply rehashing my original opinion with more qualifying information.

Ben-

Danger to others is something you aren't getting. He can do what he wants and he can ride in whatever he wants. It is stupid, it is irresponsible and is dangerous. He can easily low side as a result of braking on snow/ice. That causes the scooter to lay on it's side and run right into a car. Car gets hit and causes a chain reaction...

In your world, where you apparently only follow at a reasonable distance, do all the right things in a car or bike are an exception to the majority here. I can guarantee that a LOT of people aren't as amazing in a car or to wheels as you are. They are also not at the ability level to make quick reactions properly to get stopped in time and avoid an issue. Thus, the scooter crashes and sets off a chain reaction on a VERY populated road and gets a lot of people into a crash that could have been avoided had he used his head.

Now, before you go and tell me that a guy in a car can do the same thing - agreed. However, you can do something to avoid a higher risk of possibility by choosing not to do something. Like 1000 stated - you can stick your dick in a blender, but you choose not to. If I had no other choice, fine...

But, the topic was how stupid it is and then we get the peanut gallery chiming in how great they all drive and that it isn't dangerous - only to the rider and no big deal. You guys are awesome... But, to the remaining group, the idea is that if the conditions are shit, what makes more sense?

It rains and turns to ice. You look outside. You have to go out in the shit. What do you choose? Now, if you HAVE to ride nothing other than the scooter, would you ride down 33? Would you maybe take an alternate route and a less traveled route to make the trip at least less risk? There are choices that are made. If it was his ONLY mode of transportation, then he still has safer and more realistic choices to avoid a situation that will ALSO involve others. Believe it or not, in the traffic the guy was in, if he had ate a shit burger, he would have collected others. That's a danger to others and something that could have been avoided or the risk reduced...

As for what he can argue... Flounder's truck is 4x4 with good winter weather traction due to the all season radials he has on his truck. Not to mention the ABS and the fool proof electronics on today's cars. Dipshit's scooter has smooth street radials, no ABS, no electronics package, etc. He tucks the front, he goes BOOM and the scooter becomes a ground missile into whatever it hits. I'm willing to bet that Flounder at 35 mph and scooterific at 35 mph are going to net two different results. Instant stop ahead and both slam on brakes, scooter is going to travel further than Flounder's well equipped Yota...

And finally to the fact that Flounder taped it - really? I can text and probably drive with my knees at a level higher than most people can with full attention and at 10 & 2... You are generalizing no differently than what we are saying of this guy. If you think we are doing that, you have zero right to judge Flounder for taping the situation... The saying that has been mentioned is we don't know his ability level and so, we shouldn't judge. You shouldn't judge Flounder for taping... Maybe he has more than enough ability to do both safely and without endangering anyone else around him...

So back to you, so what?:cool:

What a fag, doesn't he know that an R1 is the wrong bike to set the around-the-world record on?

nick-sanders-parallel-world-giro-del-mondo-su-r1_4.jpg

There are certainly expections to every rule for sure. I can find guys that build cars that can fly... The point is that the situation that Flounder is talking about while fine to allow anyone to do what they want, wasn't really a smart or safe idea. Again, he can do what he wants, but doesn't make it safe or the best choice...

And finally to the fact that Flounder taped it - really? I can text and probably drive with my knees at a level higher than most people can with full attention and at 10 & 2... You are generalizing no differently than what we are saying of this guy. If you think we are doing that, you have zero right to judge Flounder for taping the situation... The saying that has been mentioned is we don't know his ability level and so, we shouldn't judge. You shouldn't judge Flounder for taping... Maybe he has more than enough ability to do both safely and without endangering anyone else around him...

So back to you, so what?:cool:

Riding a scooter in the snow = legal everywhere.

Texting while driving = illegal nearly everywhere now.

The defense rests your honor.

Now, before you go and tell me that a guy in a car can do the same thing - agreed. However, you can do something to avoid a higher risk of possibility by choosing not to do something. Like 1000 stated - you can stick your dick in a blender, but you choose not to. If I had no other choice, fine...

This coming from a guy who races motorcycles, yes?

Ben-

Danger to others is something you aren't getting. He can do what he wants and he can ride in whatever he wants. It is stupid, it is irresponsible and is dangerous. He can easily low side as a result of braking on snow/ice. That causes the scooter to lay on it's side and run right into a car. Car gets hit and causes a chain reaction...

If a section of road was so badly covered in snow and ice, I was never going fast enough to low side - nor were cars traveling fast either. When I rode to work, I would follow the tire tracks left by the cars, and I would try to stay on more traveled roads. Navigating turns wasn't an all out super-moto style powerslide either. Also, I live in Columbus, not Fargo. The only bad days were during a snow storm, or right after. One day after a storm, and all the major roads are clear of snow. The only thing that kept me from riding my BMW to work was getting it out of my neighborhood - I don't think they ever plowed it. It's much harder to keep a 650lb motorcycle with a high center of gravity upright than a 120lb scooter with a very low center of gravity. It should be noted that the best my scooter can do is 42mph. Downhill. With a tailwind. I wasn't getting it sideways at 140 or anything. :p

• Upvote 2

Riding a scooter in the snow = legal everywhere.

Texting while driving = illegal nearly everywhere now.

The defense rests your honor.

That word "nearly" is a funny thing isn't it? Your case is thrown out for not checking before speaking up and wasting the court's time...

Also, he wasn't texting by result of the video he has. Texting might be illegal (you need to prove it is in the spot he was driving...) in the area, but there is no law against use of a video taping device.

Anything else? Now, back to the idea that you are saying it was dangerous and use of the stopping ability of said machines...

This coming from a guy who races motorcycles, yes?

So, genius... Is racing motorcycles on a closed course more dangerous than riding on the street? Do you really want to go there?

Did you play ANY sports? Get back to me.

I'm hoping you are just being silly and not serious...

So, genius... Is racing motorcycles on a closed course more dangerous than riding on the street? Do you really want to go there?

Did you play ANY sports? Get back to me.

I'm hoping you are just being silly and not serious...

I'd say it's a perfect example of us all having our own accepted level of risk.

That word "nearly" is a funny thing isn't it? Your case is thrown out for not checking before speaking up and wasting the court's time...

Also, he wasn't texting by result of the video he has. Texting might be illegal (you need to prove it is in the spot he was driving...) in the area, but there is no law against use of a video taping device.

Anything else? Now, back to the idea that you are saying it was dangerous and use of the stopping ability of said machines...

I was quoting you and your nonsense replies. Fyi. Never said Flounder was texting. You said you text and drive.