Anybody catch "60 Minutes" tonight??

Fonzie

actually closer to 77% but still pretty good
You're probably right.
Kill all that stuff and leave it to the states, and you'll end up sending all the poor people to the rich states to take care of them since all the poor states can't.

I hope you guys like sweet tea.

I love sweet tea.

The rich states aren't rich by offering this crap. Look at the states that don't have budget issues ($0 deficit); New Mexico, North Dakota, and Wyoming. Why don't they have budget deficits? Because they don't offer very many, if any, social programs. Now look at your "rich" states that offer these social services and their budget gaps for 2010; California ($34.6B), New York ($12B), New Jersey ($5.7B), Illinois ($4B), Massachusetts ($3.6B). I think you can see a trend here. If the Federal government cuts these social programs and leave it to the states, you really think these "rich" states are going to continue the programs? Hell no. It isn't sustainable. It just isn't, not for the Federal government and not for most if any state governments. But leave it to the states. Those who bitch about not getting it can choose to pay for it themselves if they want it.

Instead of teaching everyone the government will take care of them, teach them to save and plan for the future. Start now. Don't just go along like a zombie because this is how it's always been. Be a part of the solution.

You're probably right.

I love sweet tea.

The rich states aren't rich by offering this crap. Look at the states that don't have budget issues ($0 deficit); New Mexico, North Dakota, and Wyoming. Why don't they have budget deficits? Because they don't offer very many, if any, social programs.

inb4 JRmmiiiiiiiii Sez Ur Wrong due to population :lol:

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2004/09/red_states_feed.html

Red States Feed at Federal Trough, Blue States Supply the Feed

Monday, September 27, 2004

The Tax Foundation has released a fascinating report showing which states benefit from federal tax and spending policies, and which states foot the bill.

bushstates300.jpgThe report shows that of the 32 states (and the District of Columbia) that are "winners" -- receiving more in federal spending than they pay in federal taxes -- 76% are Red States that voted for George Bush in 2000. Indeed, 17 of the 20 (85%) states receiving the most federal spending per dollar of federal taxes paid are Red States. Here are the Top 10 states that feed at the federal trough (with Red States highlighted in bold):

States Receiving Most in Federal Spending Per Dollar of Federal Taxes Paid:

1. D.C. ($6.17)

North Dakota
($2.03)

3. New Mexico ($1.89)

Mississippi
($1.84)

Alaska
($1.82)

West Virginia
($1.74)

Montana
($1.64)

Alabama
($1.61)

South Dakota
($1.59)

Arkansas
($1.53)

In contrast, of the 16 states that are "losers" -- receiving less in federal spending than they pay in federal taxes -- 69% are Blue States that voted for Al Gore in 2000. Indeed, 11 of the 14 (79%) of the states receiving the least federal spending per dollar of federal taxes paid are Blue States. Here are the Top 10 states that supply feed for the federal trough (with Blue States highlighted in bold):

States Receiving Least in Federal Spending Per Dollar of Federal Taxes Paid:

New Jersey
($0.62)

Connecticut
($0.64)

3. New Hampshire ($0.68)

4. Nevada ($0.73)

Illinois
($0.77)

Minnesota
($0.77)

7. Colorado ($0.79)

Massachusetts
($0.79)

California
($0.81)

New York
($0.81)

Two states -- Florida and Oregon (coincidentally, the two closest states in the 2000 Presidential election) -- received $1.00 in federal spending for each $1.00 in federal taxes paid.

The problem no one wants to face is the accounting issue. Real currency is no longer is existance and it's all fake. There isn't a government left which can back their issued currency with capital on hand. So with reality out of the way governments and business has screwed with the value and exchange rates of monetary denominations to fit their needs. End result, what ya got is only worth what someone is willing to give you for it. I suspect in time world currencies will face huge inflation because of this.

As for fixing it. Step 1 Governments should not be allowed to make purchases on credit. If the money isn't on hand you can't spend it. 2. Politicians are liable for over expenditures made by their offices, so when the account is empty their pay checks are the first thing to go. 3. Start a federal flat tax, no more deductions for everything under the sun. Everyone pays the same percentage of their income over the poverty mark.

In time I figure the USA will be in the same boat as Greece, Ireland and Portugal. It will just take a bit longer to happen as we continue to increase our debt and face greater interest expenses.

I'm sorry, I didn't find any relevance there. I posted 2010 numbers. You posted 2004 numbers. Try again?

I can't find apples-to-apples data... but I have per capita expenditures of FedGov money back to the states... the graph is pretty similar. So, the data really isn't all that different.

States That Received the Most Federal Funds

Last week Michael Powell wrote about the federal tax dollars that gush to Alaska each year. Today the Census Bureau has released updated figures on how much each state receives in federal funding per capita, and once again Alaska came out on top. economix-31fedfundstostates3-custom1.jpg Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Consolidated Federal Funds Report for Fiscal Year 2009.

Obligations for federal domestic spending rose 16 percent in fiscal year 2009 to $3.2 trillion. That comes out to $10,548 per person living in the United States.

Alaska received nearly twice the national average, taking in $20,351.13 per resident, the most of any American state. The state with the second-highest total in per-capita federal funds received was Virginia, at $19,734.

The District of Columbia, however, received an even higher amount per capita than both those states. The nation’s capital received $83,196.12 per resident, mainly because of salaries and wages paid to the many federal employees who work there.

The state receiving the least federal money per resident was Nevada, which obtained $7,148.49 per capita, followed by Utah with $7,434.65 per capita.

Click on the interactive map below to see the amount of per-capita funds received for different categories of federal spending (retirement and disability, grants, procurement, salaries and wages, and other direct payments).

Though it doesn't account for taxes paid into the FedGov by the states either

The REAL source that I figured you didn't want to comb through -- Federal Aid to States for Fiscal Year 2009 Issued August 2010

I guess this is a better chart

United States Federal Tax Dollars

tax.jpg

United States Federal Tax Dollars: Federal Tax Payments Per State

The federal taxes paid per capita vary widely by state. New England has some of the largest tax payments per capita while the states with the lowest per-capita payments are scattered elsewhere in the country.

The place with highest federal tax payments per capita is Washington, D.C., with $11,582. The state with the second-highest federal tax payments is Connecticut with $11,522 per capita. The state with the third-highest federal tax payments is New Jersey with $9,902 per capita. The fourth-highest federal tax payments per capita come from Massachusetts with $9,792. The state with fifth-highest federal tax payments per capita is Maryland with $8,812.

The state with the lowest federal tax payments is Mississippi with $4,281 per capita. The state with the second-lowest federal tax payments is Louisiana with $4,565 per capita. The state with the third-lowest federal tax payments per capita is West Virginia with $4,861. The state with the fourth-lowest federal tax payments per capita is Arkansas with $5,030. The state with the fifth-lowest federal tax payments per capita is New Mexico with $5,153.

Federal Tax Allotments Per State

The place with highest federal tax allotments per capita is Washington, D.C., with $65,109. The state with the second-highest federal tax allotments per capita is Alaska with $13,950. The state with the third-highest federal tax allotments per capita is Virginia $16,610. The state with the fourth-highest federal tax allotments per capita is Maryland with $11,956. The state with the fifth-highest federal tax allotments per capita is New Mexico with $10,733.

The state with the lowest federal tax allotments per capita is Nevada with $5,889. The state with the second-lowest federal tax allotments per capita is Utah with $5,944. The state with the third-lowest federal tax allotments per capita is Wisconsin with $6,113. The state with the fourth-lowest federal tax allotments per capita is Oregon with $6,285. The state with the fifth-lowest federal tax allotments per capita is Illinois with $6,334.

Federal Tax Dollars Received Per Tax Dollars Paid Per State

New Jersey receives 0.61 for each tax dollar paid. Nevada receives 0.65 per tax dollar paid. Connecticut receives 0.69 for each tax dollar paid New Hampshire receives 0.71 for each tax dollar it pays. Minnesota receives 0.72 per tax dollar paid. Illinois receives 0.75 for each tax dollar it pays. Delaware receives 0.77 per tax dollar paid. California receives 0.78 per tax dollar paid.

New York receives 0.79 per tax dollar paid. Colorado receives 0.81 per tax dollar paid. Massachusetts receives 0.82 for each tax dollar it pays. Wisconsin receives 0.86 per tax dollar paid. Washington receives 0.88 per tax dollar paid. Michigan receives 0.92 per tax dollar paid. Texas receives 0.94 per tax dollar paid. Florida receives 0.97 for each tax dollar it pays. Oregon receives 0.98 per tax dollar paid. Rhode Island receives 1.00 per tax dollar paid. Georgia receives 1.01 per tax dollar paid.

Indiana receives 1.05 for each tax dollar it pays. Ohio receives 1.05 per tax dollar paid. Pennsylvania receives 1.07 per tax dollar paid. Utah receives 1.07 per tax dollar paid. North Carolina receives 1.08 per tax dollar paid. Vermont receives 1.08 for each tax dollar it pays. Iowa receives 1.10 per tax dollar paid. Nebraska receives 1.10 per tax dollar paid. Wyoming receives 1.11 per tax dollar paid. Kansas receives 1.12 for each tax dollar it pays.

Arizona receives 1.19 per tax dollar paid. Idaho receives 1.21 per tax dollar paid. Tennessee receives 1.27 per tax dollar paid. Maryland receives 1.30 for each tax dollar it pays. Missouri receives 1.32 per tax dollar paid. South Carolina receives 1.35 per tax dollar paid. Oklahoma receives 1.36 per tax dollar paid. Arkansas receives 1.41 per tax dollar paid. Maine receives 1.41 per tax dollar paid. Hawaii receives 1.44 per tax dollar paid. Montana receives 1.47 per tax dollar paid.

Kentucky receives 1.51 per tax dollar paid. Virginia receives 1.51 per tax dollar paid. South Dakota receives 1.53 per tax dollar paid. Alabama receives 1.66 per tax dollar paid. North Dakota receives 1.68 per tax dollar paid. West Virginia receives 1.76 per tax dollar paid. Louisiana receives 1.78 per tax dollar paid. Alaska receives 1.84 per tax dollar paid. Mississippi receives 2.02 per tax dollar paid. New Mexico receives 2.03 per tax dollar paid.

Visual Economics: United States Federal Tax Dollars - VisualEconomics.com http://www.visualeconomics.com/united-states-federal-tax-dollars/#ixzz18gwyLq24

http://www.visualeconomics.com/

that question just served up a meatball of a pitch for me. The answer: Population Control. For example, sterilize stupid people and those broads on welfare that have 8 kids to stay on welfare.

I'm a huge, huge fan of population control however I know it would be expensive, difficult and it would surely piss off a lot of people from a morals perspective

Watch those "Conspiracy Theories" w/ Jesse Ventura I keep tellin' you about. Several of them deal w/ global population control... Through our water, food, & children's vaccines or for plagues like swine flu, which will actually make us more susceptible... The "Bilderberger" & "Great Lakes" ones immediately come to mind. The New World Order wants to substantially decrease the population, as they can't deal with the current #, & we're consuming too many nonrenewable resources. They want just enough of us left to be "workers". The number thrown around many times is 50 million left... Globally, IIRC

There's even some anonymous "Stonehenge" monument here in the states, that references an NWO & population control

I'm sorry, I didn't find any relevance there. I posted 2010 numbers. You posted 2004 numbers. Try again?

lol.gif

Edited by Fonzie

Btw, since somebody mentioned flu shot conspiracies... I've noticed a disturbing trend, where people are blaming the flu on the people that won't get flu shots. Ergo, the people that don't get flu shots are responsible for the spread of flu. Disregard that a virus is contagious before symptoms are visible, and really doesn't care if you got a flu shot or not. A flu shot only prevents that one person from getting the virus so bad they die from it. They still get the virus, same as everybody else's chances.