negotiating space in the garage

socaln8tv

so without a 3 car garage, how does your family negotiate space in the garage between trailers, onroad toys, offroad toys and our regular vehicles?

For us, the source of tention has been alleviated so I can get my truck in the garage for the winter, but a storage unit simply is just a temporary fix.... Well at least I keep telling myself that.

The winters here are harsh for me and for those of you used to it, this might seem silly. But being able to park in the garage during the winter and race home to "claim" that space in the garage is really important in terms of my sanity.

Who wins in your household? :confused:

I have a tiny, cramped 2 car garage and between my roommate and I there is usually 2-3 bikes, his SUV, my truck and until recently whatever car I had as a toy. His SUV got one side and I got the other side to cram in my car and a bike or 2 but I've always made it work with a bike in front of the car and behind the car. I've now sold off my car and its only the bikes on my side plus misc other stuff which may soon include a trailer if I can get that to fit too

The truck is too big for the garage anyhow so I promptly put in remote start and that solved the cold issue. Just take a broom to windshield to get the snow off and off to work I go

I have a tiny, cramped 2 car garage and between my roommate and I there is usually 2-3 bikes, his SUV, my truck and until recently whatever car I had as a toy. His SUV got one side and I got the other side to cram in my car and a bike or 2 but I've always made it work with a bike in front of the car and behind the car. I've now sold off my car and its only the bikes on my side plus misc other stuff which may soon include a trailer if I can get that to fit too

The truck is too big for the garage anyhow so I promptly put in remote start and that solved the cold issue. Just take a broom to windshield to get the snow off and off to work I go

we had bikes on top of the trailer for the longest time, which is logical if you are cramped. at least you have more space on your side now.

With casper there. Not thinking small though, thinking possible house building style BUT polebarn for now, insulated with power, and plumbing, then going from there with the house.

But yeah I had 2 bikes and 2 cars, full tools etc. It sucked.

I love this idea of a Pole Barn Home. My friend in New Mexico lives acrosssed from this entire community in Santa Fe where they purposely built up Homes out of Barns. Great concept and theyve retained their value in that neighborhood because of the unique concept.

if and when i buy another house, it had better have a 3 car garage for sure. either that, or i need to find other hobbies.

<<I have a tiny, cramped 2 car garage and between my roommate and I there is usually 2-3 bikes, his SUV, my truck and until recently whatever car I had as a toy.<<

I wanna see a photo of all of that in a two car garage... I need some pointers. Saving toward a big detached garage. For now, a rental storage unit is the answer, to clear out the seasonal stuff (mower, canopy, golf clubs, etc).

<<I have a tiny, cramped 2 car garage and between my roommate and I there is usually 2-3 bikes, his SUV, my truck and until recently whatever car I had as a toy.<<

I wanna see a photo of all of that in a two car garage... I need some pointers. Saving toward a big detached garage. For now, a rental storage unit is the answer, to clear out the seasonal stuff (mower, canopy, golf clubs, etc).

I didn't have all of it in the garage, I just meant that was all the stuff that was garage worthy. The truck doesn't count as it won't fit in the garage even with it completely empty.

The most I had in at 1 time was his SUV with a bike in front of that and my G35 with a bike in front and behind it. This is in addition to the cabinets, tool cart, 2nd set of wheels for the G35 and garbage cans. It was just sorta like playing tetris :D

The size of the garage is half of what prompted the sale of the car. I barely used it as is with having the bikes and then it was always a pain if I wanted to use it because I had to put the truck in the street, move the bike to pull out the car after taking the cover off then roll the bike into the garage to leave. Then reverse that process when the car went back in

I have a 2.5 car garage, heated with all the goodies, air, beer fridge, etc...

The rule is I must make room for the wife's car during the season that she must scrape her windows. Been better than 15 years now with no problems. Cept now I have 2 bikes out back in the shed, 1 over at a friends garage, and 4 packed in my "work" area on my side. My truck is outdoors, cept for when I am at work:D

She seems to think I have too many:eek:

i have a 2.5 detached and the wife has her own attached 1 car. Makes life simple. BUT i need an outbuilding for my damn lawn equipment... so i can make room for more toys. Thinkin about adding up in the next few years. :)

Just be happy you have a garage or off street parking for that matter.

you should be more picky. garage and off street parking was always a must when I was in college. I didn't like leaving either of my cars out in the elements. Not to mention I lived in the heart of the ghetto and drunk retards

you should be more picky. garage and off street parking was always a must when I was in college. I didn't like leaving either of my cars out in the elements. Not to mention I lived in the heart of the ghetto and drunk retards

If it wasn't for the fact that my parents own the house I live in, then yes I would be ungodly picky about where I live. Right now cheap rent out weighs my pos bike having a garage.

If it wasn't for the fact that my parents own the house I live in, then yes I would be ungodly picky about where I live. Right now cheap rent out weighs my pos bike having a garage.

well thats a good reason

Whoever pays the mortgage gets the garage space. No negotiating. :D

Until the bitchin' got too much for me to handle... the bikes went into the dining room, the GN went to my parents, and now we can get her car and my truck in the garage.

148556_528014562959_53800032_31099970_6620929_n.jpg

thats brilliant!! lol.... not sure the bikes in my dining room would be a win. hmmmmm..... let me sit on that

being able to park in the garage in the winter has changed my life !!!! im much more pleasant to be around from november to march. :p pretty pretty pics of the bikes!

I have a 2.5 car garage, heated with all the goodies, air, beer fridge, etc...

The rule is I must make room for the wife's car during the season that she must scrape her windows. Been better than 15 years now with no problems. Cept now I have 2 bikes out back in the shed, 1 over at a friends garage, and 4 packed in my "work" area on my side. My truck is outdoors, cept for when I am at work:D

She seems to think I have too many:eek:

you are so wonderful!! i love your rule and that you stick to it.... it sucks thou you so many of your bikes divi'd up all over. this for us is why a 3 car is golden

Cars don't belong in the mancave.

my strategy is financial. all my vehicles are paid off and i dont want another car payment (for now anyways - although i have list of what i want when the time comes :D ) The weather just hammers my truck and I dont have another 40 to 50G to buy me a new SUV right now. im hoping that the garage parking will at to its longevity. not terribly wrong :o ??