bolt action v. semi auto

redkow97

my .02 cents. Look for a older 10/22. cost will be anywhere from 140-200. Good side is that it will be one of the originals with the aluminum trigger guard and receiver and not the new plastic design. Bad, I can damn near quarentee it has had a ton of rounds run through it. Other good side to this is I have spare barrels and stocks at home you are welcome to.

I guess I missed that we were talking .22 here. Get a semi-auto and blast the shit out of some stuff. My all-time favorite gun was my 94-22 lever action Winchester. Sold that when I was 19. Ass-hole kid.:nono:

I guess I missed that we were talking .22 here. Get a semi-auto and blast the shit out of some stuff. My all-time favorite gun was my 94-22 lever action Winchester. Sold that when I was 19. Ass-hole kid.:nono:

I'm not married to a .22, but the cost of ammo makes it appealing.

should i completely write off lever and bolt action models? If so, why?

I almost like the idea of having to manually eject the cartridges. Kind of like driving a traditional 5 speed instead of an automatic, or a 'flappy paddle' manual.

Is the general consensus that a single-shot will be annoying?

I'm not married to a .22, but the cost of ammo makes it appealing.

should i completely write off lever and bolt action models? If so, why?

I almost like the idea of having to manually eject the cartridges. Kind of like driving a traditional 5 speed instead of an automatic, or a 'flappy paddle' manual.

Is the general consensus that a single-shot will be annoying?

Single Shots are generally more accurate but most likely not considering the price range you are looking to spend. Almost all 150-200 .22's will shoot close to the same. A $350+ bolt action Savage MK .22 will be more accurate and they only get more and more expensive from there.

In your price range, they are almost all going to be the same. I suggest a bolt action .22 or ruger 10/22. Not a lever action model.

With a 22 the fun factor isn't there with a bolt action or single shot. But slapping a 30 rnd mag in one and going at it is a blast.

This^. I've shot kawi's 10/22 and it's a great little rifle. I forget what Max Power picked up, but his shoots dead on with the scope. He was making smiley faces the size a a quarter at a decent range.

I'm not looking to go fully automatic; at least not for a while.

semi auto with a 50 rd banana clip should do just fine.

You probably wont ever go Full auto without becoming a ClassII dealer or paying out the ass i.e. $10,000+ The little gem I posted belongs to a ClassII SOT

Edited by flounder