New Moorsickle Laws in other states. Most concerning Mandatory Rider Safety course.

jagr

Ohio requires it for anyone under 18 or 21. I forget which. I think it should be required as part of your license, even if you're never going to ride a motorcycle. This way people will learn right off the bat exactly what it's like to be a motorcyclist. Maybe, just maybe, they'd remember a few things from it and remember that they need to look out for bikes.

Ohio requires it for anyone under 18 or 21. I forget which. I think it should be required as part of your license, even if you're never going to ride a motorcycle. This way people will learn right off the bat exactly what it's like to be a motorcyclist. Maybe, just maybe, they'd remember a few things from it and remember that they need to look out for bikes.

What have we told you about trying to use logic?

I think learning to drive a manual transmission should be part of it too. I learned on one as soon as I was tall enough to reach the pedals. Drove my dad's truck around the farm.

I'm against it.

How can you be against it? Riders who take the MSF are less likely to be involved in a crash. If your worried about the influx of new riders and limited classes. States like Ohio would just have to add more classes and people to them. When I did mine we only had about twenty or so people in it.

I'm for government encouraging folks to take the course. I'm for government offering a tax credit for taking the course. I'm not for government mandating the course.

what about for car drivers? should we be able to just get in a car and go on our 16th birthday?

what about for car drivers? should we be able to just get in a car and go on our 16th birthday?

That's how the Somalis do it here.

If Aziza is behind the wheel

Your deductible she will steal!

IP is disputatious at the genetic level.

Jussayin'.

Someone got a word of the day calendar for Christmas.
I'm for government encouraging folks to take the course. I'm for government offering a tax credit for taking the course. I'm not for government mandating the course.
I think it should be incorporated into the existing drivers education.

The MSF course incorporated into the automobile course? How is that not a giant waste of time/money?
Ohio requires it for anyone under 18 or 21. I forget which. I think it should be required as part of your license' date=' even if you're never going to ride a motorcycle. This way people will learn right off the bat exactly what it's like to be a motorcyclist. Maybe, just maybe, they'd remember a few things from it and remember that they need to look out for bikes.[/quote']

:D

I still don't think showing someone how to ride a motorcycle will do anything about how they drive a car. Now' date=' the MSF is considering a "traffic" ride as part of the course, but you really think Americans are going to stand for their 16 year old daughters to be forced to ride a Nighthawk250 in downtown traffic in order to get their driver license?[/quote']

Driving is a privilege, not a right. They'll do whatever they have to do to get their license if they want it. :D

:lol: Bullshit' date=' and you know it.[/quote']

They didn't originally have drivers education or tests at all. People accepted it. With motorcycles becoming so prevalent, I don't think there'd be that much of an uproar. Teach them on mopeds. Hell, their 16yr old daughters and their 40-something soccer mom wives are the biggest dangers to motorcyclists on the road.

Nope. The first kid to drop the bike and get hurt will sue the shit out of the state. It isn't going to happen.

Yeah, cause that happens when they wreck the car during their test. Or when the 16yr old drops a bike and gets hurt during the MSF which they're forced to take now if they want a motorcycle license under 18. :lol: