Am I the only one with a Harley

junkyardjeff

i have a buell, but i think that connection has been thoroughly severed.

the XRs are pretty involved in racing. can't hate on that... though my 1125cr is bettar.

KYA KYA KYA KYA KYA KYA KYA KYA KYA KYA KYA KYA KYA KYA

The XRs are pretty involved in racing. can't hate on that... though my 1125cr is bettar.

Now, you and I BOTH know those 2 bikes have 2 completely different engines;). The only Buell tech the XR uses is the oil cooled heads and cams, both from air cooled engines. Your 1125 is a Rotax watercooled engine. As a matter of fact, I almost pulled the trigger on a new leftover CR from a dealer in Michigan but was uncomfortable with any warranty or parts issues with local dealers, especially since it would not have been purchased from them.

Edited by modular
Added info.

I have a thing for the Ultra Glides. I've almost pulled the trigger twice now. That price tag just kills it for me. Eventually I'll own one.

truth..

i looked at a 2010 Street Glide with the 103 motor end of last year at A.D. Farrow.. 20k... thats a bit steep

truth..

i looked at a 2010 Street Glide with the 103 motor end of last year at A.D. Farrow.. 20k... thats a bit steep

In the past year, I have heard from three different guys who bought their HD from Thiel's Wheels in Upper Sandusky. Each said that they had the best pricing and service than any other dealer in Central Ohio.

A.D Farrow had a slightly used 2010 Roadglide last spring with a bunch of options I should of bought,about 900 miles and originally stickered for around 24,000 and they wanted a little more then 18,000 for it. Never could get back there with mine to see what they would give me for it but even if they gave me 10,000 I could not come up with the rest without financing or selling some of my cars.

good looking glide.. from what i can see in your avatar

Thank you!

Not for everyone..but I like it

Pardon me for the indulgence..but, here is a crappy vid I took on New Year's Eve day..yes, I know, should have turned the phone camera thing the long way..but, it was a failed artistic attempt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnLzuACw2LE

In the past year, I have heard from three different guys who bought their HD from Thiel's Wheels in Upper Sandusky. Each said that they had the best pricing and service than any other dealer in Central Ohio.

best priced Harleys in ohio are at hales harley davidson up north.. they are the only discount harley dealer in ohio

Now, you and I BOTH know those 2 bikes have 2 completely different engines;). The only Buell tech the XR uses is the oil cooled heads and cams, both from air cooled engines. Your 1125 is a Rotax watercooled engine. As a matter of fact, I almost pulled the trigger on a new leftover CR from a dealer in Michigan but was uncomfortable with any warranty or parts issues with local dealers, especially since it would not have been purchased from them.

right, what i said. better engine, better frame, better suspension, less weight, more power, etc etc etc etc etc. the cr is betterer.

bustedtees_osnap.jpg

in all serialness, i was giving harley and the XR props for being involved in racing things other than at the drag strip (not that there is anything wrong with that). I was just being a cheeky bastard for great justice.

• Upvote 1

No offense taken....I am a thick skinned bastard. Those who take the intranet too seriously need to step back and take a breath.

They did expand the Vance & Hines Series race schedule by about 5 races for '11 and the European Series races are always popular. But, it seems Kawi. has a trick up their sleeve for giving the XR750's a run for their money on the dirt tracks!!!

No offense taken....I am a thick skinned bastard. Those who take the intranet too seriously need to step back and take a breath.

They did expand the Vance & Hines Series race schedule by about 5 races for '11 and the European Series races are always popular. But, it seems Kawi. has a trick up their sleeve for giving the XR750's a run for their money on the dirt tracks!!!

Man I wish everyone got that. Some people think the internet is serious business.

internet-serious-business.jpg

Dude, to me the internet is just one huge entertaining chat room with some educational chit thrown in for good measure:D. I've been in battle and served on a submarine.....everything is cake after that.

Edited by modular

i really wanted a Vrod before i got the warrior but didn't want to shell out the change for the muscle. but that's what i wanted. But then got a hellva deal on the Warrior and end of story.

The guy that sold me the Warrior ended up buying a Hammer S and brought it over... i rode it and hated it compaired to the Warrior. It felt cheap and plastic.

I love certain HD's. If i could get my hands on a Crossroads cheap, i'd have to do it.

i really wanted a Vrod before i got the warrior but didn't want to shell out the change for the muscle. but that's what i wanted. But then got a hellva deal on the Warrior and end of story.

The guy that sold me the Warrior ended up buying a Hammer S and brought it over... i rode it and hated it compaired to the Warrior. It felt cheap and plastic.

I love certain HD's. If i could get my hands on a Crossroads cheap, i'd have to do it.

Did you bang your Sister in Law yet?

We need o know this!

Been there and done the Harley thing for years. No offense intended, but I've moved on.

And there are a few "metric" touring bikes out there with 113 ci motors that handle really well, are very reliable, have lots of aftermarket options, and can save you lots of money when it comes time to purchase.

If you plan to purchase a cruiser or tourer, it is my opinion that you should keep your mind oepn to the best bang for the buck. Test ride them all, and I think some will be surprised.

Don't drink the coolaid!

Edited by Ron505